Craving a refreshing sip of summer that’s as easy to make as it is delicious? With its vibrant blue color and citrusy sweetness, this cocktail is like a tropical vacation right in your glass, ready to shake up in just 5 minutes
❤️ Why you’ll love this recipe
- Easy Peasy: With just a few ingredients and a shaker (or even just a spoon), this cocktail is a breeze to whip up.
- Tropical Vibes: One sip of this blue beauty and you’ll feel like you’ve been whisked away to a beachfront bar in the tropics.
- Refreshing and Delicious: This isn’t just a pretty drink—it’s seriously tasty, too. The balance of vodka, sweet blue Curaçao, and tart lemonade creates a refreshingly tangy and sweet sip.
This is an overview of the ingredients. You’ll find the full measurements and instructions in the printable recipe at the bottom of the page.
You’ll need the following for this easy summer drink:
- Blue Curaçao
- Ice cubes
- Lemon slice and/or maraschino cherry for garnish
- And don’t forget the optional but highly recommended paper umbrella for that extra touch of fun!
This article contains affiliate links, meaning that if you make a purchase after clicking on one, I may earn a commission at no extra cost to you. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- hurricane glass
First things first, gather all of your ingredients together. You’ll need your vodka, blue Curaçao, lemonade, and ice cubes. Next, you’ll want to add all your ingredients into a cocktail shaker that’s already filled with ice. Why do we do this? Shaking not only chills your drink, but it also helps to blend all those delicious flavors together. If you don’t have a shaker, no worries! A good old spoon or straw will do fine to stir things up.
Once you’ve given your cocktail a good shake (or stir), it’s time to pour it into your hurricane glass. Make sure your glass is also filled with ice so your cocktail stays nice and cool. The shape of the glass also helps to show off that gorgeous blue color!
Now for the fun part—garnishing! Take your lemon slice and/or maraschino cherry and arrange them on top of your cocktail.
👩🏻🍳 Expert tips
- Quality Matters: The simpler the recipe, the more the ingredients matter. So, if you can, opt for a good vodka and a premium blue Curaçao.
- Don’t skimp on the ice! Both in your shaker and in your glass. It’s essential for getting your cocktail to the perfect chilly temperature. Sweet drinks are GROSS unless ice cold.
- If you’re making these for a party, you can easily make a big batch in a pitcher. Just keep the ratios the same and then you can sit back and enjoy the party too!
📘 Related Recipes
🍽 Serve it with
- Seafood: Given the tropical vibe of this cocktail, seafood is a fantastic pairing. Grilled shrimp, a fresh ceviche, or even some sushi would be delicious.
- Cheese and Crackers: A simple cheese and cracker platter with a mix of soft and hard cheeses can complement the citrusy flavors of the cocktail quite nicely.
- Fruit Platter: Fresh, juicy fruits like pineapple, watermelon, and berries can make for a refreshing side that pairs well with the tropical notes of the Blue Lagoon.
- Chicken Skewers: Grilled chicken skewers, especially if they have a bit of a citrus marinade, would make a great savory accompaniment to this sweet and tangy cocktail.
- Light Salads: A crisp, fresh salad with a citrus-based dressing could be a nice, light pairing. Think a summery salad with mixed greens, fresh fruits, and a lemony vinaigrette.
📖 Here’s the recipe
Blue Lagoon Cocktail
- Hurricane glass
- 1 ounce vodka
- ½ ounce blue Curaçao
- 3 ounces lemonade
- Ice cubes
- Lemon slice and/ or maraschino cherry for garnish
- Add all ingredients to a cocktail shaker filled with ice. Shake well.
- Pour over a hurricane glass filled with ice. Garnish and serve.