While everyone’s busy pulling out their best cookie and pie recipes, let’s switch things up with the best homemade Christmas ice cream recipes.
Whether you’re hosting a party or want to indulge in a cold treat after dinner, these recipes will bring joy to your holiday table.
While I’ve gathered these delectable recipes for you, please note you’ll be whisked away (like Santa’s sleigh!) to another site for the full recipe.
The Best Flavors and Recipes
Caramel Gingersnap Ice Cream Recipe
A spiced vanilla ice cream base swirled with creamy caramel and spiced gingersnaps. The perfect ice cream for fall and winter.
Candy Cane Ice Cream Recipe
A sweet vanilla ice cream is blended with crushed peppermint candies to create a delicious Christmas treat.
Hot Chocolate Marshmallow Swirl Ice Cream
A deep cocoa ice cream base swirled with sticky, sweet marshmallow sauce. It’s like sipping on your favorite winter hot drink, but in a creamy frozen form.
Boozy Fruitcake Ice Cream
Channeling the classic Christmas cake, this flavor features bits of candied fruit, nuts, and a splash of rum or brandy. For those who enjoy a little merry kick!
Candy Cane Oreo Crush
Creamy vanilla ice cream packed with chunks of crushed Oreos and streaks of candy cane peppermint. A delightful mix of textures and festive flavors!
Apple Cider Caramel Swirl
An apple cider-infused ice cream base with generous swirls of rich caramel. Think of it as the chilly cousin to the warm mulled cider!
Sticky Toffee Pudding Ice Cream
Inspired by the beloved British dessert, this ice cream has chunks of sticky toffee pudding and swirls of toffee sauce. If you aren’t familiar with sticky toffee, just think of it all kinds of caramel flavors.
Eggnog Ice Cream
No surprise here! This classic holiday drink turned ice cream is a must-try. Eggnog flavors are a match made in heaven with ice cream. Rich, creamy, and spiked with a hint of nutmeg – it’s Christmas in a scoop.
Gingerbread Cookie Dough Ice Cream
Swirls of gingerbread cookie dough embedded in vanilla ice cream. It’s cookie dough’s little sister with spice and holiday flavor.
Cranberry Swirl Ice Cream
A vibrant, tangy cranberry sauce marbled through a sweet cream base. A festive treat that looks as good as it tastes.
How to serve ice cream at Christmastime
- Edible Bowls:
- Hollowed-out apples or pears, lightly baked for a warm contrast.
- Chocolate bowls are made by drizzling melted chocolate over the back of inflated balloons then letting them set
- Festive Toppings (consider a DIY ice cream station!):
- Crushed candy canes for a minty crunch
- Edible gold or silver stars for a holiday sparkle
- Caramelized nuts for added warmth and texture
- Ice Cream Sandwiches:
- Gingerbread cookies filled with eggnog ice cream
- Chocolate cookies with peppermint stick ice cream
Mint Twists Crushed Peppermint Candy for Baking, 8 oz, Pack of 3Brentwood Appliances Ts-1405bl Waffle Cone Maker, 750 Watts, BlueMedoore 60 Pieces Christmas Treat Snack Cups 9 Oz. Xmas Elements Paper Ice Cream Cups Disposable Dessert Bowls Snow Sundae Cups Party Supplies for Food, Soup, Candy, Yogurt, 4 StylesElfin Around Spring Medley | Christmas Sprinkles | Cookie Sprinkles | Cake Sprinkles | Holiday Sprinkles | Jimmies | Manvscakes | 8 Ounce Bag (8 ounce)Lenox Holiday Small Bowl, 0.80, Red & GreenCuisinart ICE-21RP1 1.5-Quart Frozen Yogurt, Ice Cream and Sorbet Maker, Double Insulated Freezer Bowl elminates the need for Ice and Makes Frozen Treats in 20 Minutes or Less, Red
- Warm Meets Cold:
- Serve scoops of ice cream atop warm brownies or fruit pies
- Drizzle warm caramel or berry compote over your ice cream
- Festive Floats:
- A scoop of cranberry swirl ice cream in a glass of sparkling cider
- Eggnog ice cream in a glass of root beer or cola for a holiday twist on a float
More Christmas Desserts
Of course, sometimes you want a traditional holiday sweet. Don’t worry, I have plenty of those too!
- Best-Ever (and Gorgeous!) Christmas Bundt Cakes
- Old Fashioned Christmas Cookies Just Like Grandma Made
- Homemade Christmas Candies
- Chocolate Meringue Pie
Whether you’re scooping up memories with family or introducing a chilly delight to friends, these flavors promise to make your celebrations even sweeter.
I hope you have a beautiful holiday filled with all your favorite things ❤️.