These mojitos are flavorful and refreshing if you’re looking for a delicious drink to cool down with. With mint, lime, and sugar combined with dark rum, this cocktail is so easy to make and sure to please!
Table of contents
❤️ Why you’ll love this recipe
- They are flavorful and refreshing. Nothing like mint and lime to perk you up on a hot evening.
- Easy to make. It’s ready in just a few simple steps. Muddle, mix, and sip.
- Yummy. Dark rum gives it a delicious flavor, adding a depth that takes it to the next level. A sophisticated version of the traditional mojito.
This is an overview of the ingredients. You’ll find the full measurements and instructions in the printable recipe at the bottom of the page.
Here’s what you’ll need to make this simple summertime cocktail:
- fresh lime juice
- large mint leaves
- club soda or lemon-lime soda
- dark rum
This article contains affiliate links, meaning that if you purchase after clicking on one, I may earn a commission at no extra cost to you. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualified purchases.
- muddler or mortar and pestle
Step One: muddle
Put the mint leaves, sugar, and lime juice in the glass you will be using. Muddle them until the mint is crushed.
Step Two: mix
Right in the glass, add the club soda and rum. Add ice and stir well. Garnish with whole mint leaves and a lime wedge.
🥫 Storage instructions
There’s really no storing these, sorry. Just make one fresh!
You can use any type of dark rum that you prefer, such as Bacardi 151 or Myers.
Ehhhh…. no. The lime is so important for the flavor. I’m sorry.
Yes, just multiply the ingredients to your desired serving size (use the slider at the bottom of the recipe card.) You’ll want to muddle the mint in a bowl and then dump it into a pitcher.
👩🏻🍳 Expert tips
- Dark rum doesn’t “disappear” in a cocktail like white rum does. Non-rum drinkers probably won’t love this one, but you can always use Sprite instead of club soda.
- Slide a lime slice inside the glass for an extra pretty presentation. And use a mint sprig as a garnish too.
📘 Related Recipes
🍽 Serve it with
For a summer evening on the porch, try these recipes too:
- Grilled Chicken
- Fresh Fruit
- Old Fashioned Cucumber and Onions
- Peach Bundt Cake
- Pasta Salad with Cucumbers and Tomatoes
📖 Here’s the recipe
Dark Rum Mojitos
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 12 large mint leaves
- ½ cup club soda or lemon-lime soda
- ¼ cup dark rum
- Muddle the mint leaves, sugar, and lime juice right in the glass you'll be using.
- Add the club soda and rum. Add ice, stir well, and serve. Garnish with whole mint leaves and a lime wedge.