The best thing about deep frying is that it can turn anything, from a humble piece of chicken to the world’s most hated vegetable, into a delicious treat. Not sure what to do with an ingredient? Batter it, fry it in hot oil, and dip it in ranch. It’s pretty much guaranteed to be delicious.
Bookmark this page and come back often. I’ll update it as I share more of our favorite recipes!
Meats + main course recipes
Our deep-fried main course section offers recipes that turn everyday meals into crispy, golden treats that will be the stars of your dining table. Everyone will (finally) eat their dinner.
- Try Deep Fried Turkey (With Injection) with a special flavor injection that makes it super tasty.
- Beer-Battered Deep-Fried Shrimp is crunchy and full of flavor – a real treat!
- Classic Deep Fried Buffalo Wings are spicy and delicious, perfect for snacking.
- Enjoy Fried Cajun Chicken Tenders with a spicy kick that’s just right.
- Fried Buffalo Chicken Sandwiches with spicy chicken and a soft bun.
- Love every bite of Buttermilk Deep-Fried Chicken, it’s crunchy outside and tender inside.
- Deep Fried Cajun Wings are spicy and crunchy, great for parties.
- Try Deep Fried Buffalo Chicken Tenders for a crunchy, spicy snack you’ll love.
- Easy Deep Fried Coconut Shrimp is sweet and crunchy – a quick tropical treat.
- These Crispy Deep Fried Chicken Tenders are just what you’re craving – crunchy and juicy.
- Enjoy Deep Fried Shrimp (Simple + Cheap Batter Method) with a batter that’s easy to make and easy on your budget.
- Deep Fried Corn Dogs are just like the ones at the fair – sweet, savory, and crunchy.
- Crispy + Moist Deep Fried Chicken Thighs are the perfect mix of crunchy and juicy.
- Bite into a Buttermilk Fried Chicken Sandwich for a crispy delight.
Deep-fried sweets + breakfasts
Begin your day with a sweet twist or end it on a high note with our deep fryer sweets and breakfasts. Discover how deep frying can add a delectably crispy layer to your morning favorites and after-dinner treats.
- Fried Apple Fritters they’re sweet, soft inside and crispy outside, perfect for an apple treat!
- Make your own Deep Fried Snickers at home for a sweet, crunchy surprise that everyone will love.
- Deep Fried Apple Cider Doughnuts, a sweet snack that brings the taste of fall right to your kitchen.
- Deep Fried Oreos (No Pancake Mix!) they’re crunchy on the outside, creamy on the inside, and super easy to make without pancake mix.
- Fried Blueberry Hand Pies a sweet, fruity snack wrapped in a crispy crust
Deep fryer veggies and snacks
These recipes are perfect for transforming simple ingredients into crowd-pleasing starters and sides
- Get ready to bite into a crispy, golden exterior to find a warm, cheesy center in Deep Fried Ravioli
- Deep Deep-fried mozzarella Sticks are melty, stretchy cheese encased in a perfect crunchy coating
- Deep Fried Pickles. a snack that’ll have you reaching for one after another.
- The Best Deep-Fried French Fries Crisp on the outside, fluffy on the inside — our deep-fried French fries are simply the best, hands down.
- Crispy Deep Fried Zucchini a delicious way to enjoy your veggies with a satisfying crunch.
- Deep Fried Sweet Potato Fries
- Spice up your snack game with Deep Fried Jalapeno Poppers bursting with creamy cheese and wrapped in a crispy shell.
- Old-Fashioned Deep-Fried Onion Rings Recipe are rings of golden, crunchy perfection.
An electric deep fryer maintains its temperature, filters the oil, and is much safer than a pot of oil. I highly highly recommend this particular one!
T-Fal Ultimate EZ Clean Stainless Steel Deep Fryer with Basket 3.5 Liter Oil and 2.6 Pound Food Capacity 1700 Watts Easy Clean, Temp Control, Digital Timer, Oil Filtration, Dishwasher Safe PartsNew Star Foodservice 36923 Commercial-Grade 18-Gauge Aluminum Sheet Pan/Bun Pan, 18Sihuuu Stainless Steel Strainers, Slotted Spoons,Wire Mesh Skimmer With Long Handle for Kitchen Deep Fryer, Spaghetti, Noodles(5.5 Inch)
Deep fryer troubleshooting:
Having trouble? Here are some solutions to common frying issues.
- Batter not sticking to the food:
- Make sure the food surface is dry before coating; pat it down with paper towels if necessary.
- Dip the food into plain flour before immersing it in the batter to help it adhere better.
- Food getting too oily:
- Ensure the oil is at the correct temperature – too cold, and the food will absorb oil; too hot, and it will burn on the outside before cooking inside.
- Let excess oil drip off for a few seconds after frying, and then place the food on a rack or paper towels to absorb excess grease.
- Uneven cooking:
- Don’t overcrowd the fryer basket; this lowers the oil temperature and can cause uneven cooking.
- Turn the food halfway through cooking if it isn’t fully submerged in oil to ensure even browning.
Deep frying safety tips
This is meant to be helpful, not scary! If you are careful, you’ll be just fine 😊.
- Never Leave the Fryer Unattended: Always stay nearby and watch the deep fryer when it’s in use. Unattended cooking is a primary cause of kitchen fires.
- Use the Right Oil: Choose an oil with a high smoke point, like peanut, canola, or vegetable oil, to prevent burning.
- Maintain Correct Oil Temperatures: Use a cooking thermometer to ensure the oil is at the proper temperature – too hot can cause fires and smoking, too cool and the food will absorb too much oil.
- Avoid Water Near the Fryer: Water can cause oil to splatter dangerously. Ensure all foods are dry or well-coated in batter, and keep liquids away from the hot oil.
- Fill Pot Appropriately: Do not overfill the fryer with oil. Oil can expand when heated and overflow, which can cause a fire.
- Gently Lower Food into the Oil: Use tongs or a fryer basket to avoid splashes when placing food in the oil.
- Keep a Fire Extinguisher Nearby: Make sure you have a fire extinguisher rated for grease fires (Class K) within reach in case of emergency.
- Protect Yourself from Splatters: Wear long sleeves and use oven mitts when handling the hot fryer or food to protect yourself from burns.
More favorite recipe collections:
I hope you’re excited to try making these crispy treats at home! Just keep in mind that while it’s all about getting that perfect golden crunch, being safe is super important too. Now, with all these tips and recipes in hand, you’re all set to cook up some delicious deep-fried goodness.