Extra soft and fluffy sourdough pancakes mixed up and ready in under 30 minutes.
- 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup discard sourdough starter
- 1 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- butter for the pan
- Combine all the dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl, and the wet ingredients in a medium mixing bowl. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and gently mix until just combined. Do not over mix, a few lumps are okay.
- Heat a cast iron skillet or other heavy pan over medium-low heat. Once the pan is hot, add a tablespoon of butter and allow it to melt. Scoop the batter into the hot pan in 1/4 cup to 1/3 cup amounts, depending on the size of pancake you would like. When bubbles appear on the surface, flip the pancakes. Cook them in batches. using a paper towel to wipe out the skillet in between.
- Serve immediately, with syrup and butter or whipped cream and fruit.
You can hold cooked pancakes in a 200 degree oven.
Sprinkle on blueberries or chocolate chips before flipping for a special addition.
Keywords: small batch sourdough pancakes, fluffy sourdough pancakes, thick sourdough pancakes, soft sourdough pancakes