No more messy cones or washing spoons and bowls from the whole family. When everyone wants a cool creamy treat, make a plate of these instead.
Table of contents
❤️ Why you’ll love this recipe
- They’re easy to make. Way easier than ice cream sundaes, you can make this treat in under ten minutes and clean-up is a snap.
- They’re fun to eat. No drippy cones or eating a ton of ice cream just to get to the yummy crunchy part.
- You can use any flavor of ice cream you want, and any toppings. Kids love making and eating them. So fun!
This is an overview of the ingredients. You’ll find the full measurements and instructions in the printable recipe at the bottom of the page.
You’ll need the following for this fun dessert:
- waffle cones
- ice cream (any flavor! We love homemade vanilla ice cream or a big container of Walmart brand. It doesn’t matter.)
- jarred hot fudge (about 1/2 of a jar)
- whipped cream
- maraschino cherries with stems
- rainbow sprinkles
- chocolate chips
- cinnamon sugar
- caramel topping
- fresh fruit
-A dinner plate (or a serving platter if you’d like to double the recipe)
Step One: break the cones
Break the ice cream cones into smaller pieces. Crush the waffle cones with your hands to gently break them apart.
Step Two: Add the ice cream and topping
Scoop the ice cream on top. Evenly place scoops of ice cream on the cones. Don’t worry about how it looks. Once you dd the topping and garnish, it will look adorable
Step three: Add toppings
Add whipped cream, chocolate and caramel sauce, cherries, and sprinkles. Serve immediately.
🥫 Storage instructions
You can’t really store them. You need to serve them right away.
Right off the plate, either with a spoon or with your hands! Putting them in a bowl is a pain.
👩🏻🍳 Expert tips
- Make sure everyone is gathered around when you make them. They start melting right away.
- Have all your toppings ready to go before you start scooping the ice cream.
- You can use your favorite flavor of ice cream and any toppings you like. Be creative.
📘 Related Recipes
🍽 Serve it with
Having a kids party and need some crowdpleasers? Try these too:
📖 Here’s the recipe
Ice Cream Nachos Recipe
- Large plate
- Ice cream scoop
- 1 12-count box of waffle cones
- 2 pints ice cream any flavors
- 6 ounces hot fudge (about 1/2 of a jar)
- 4 ounces whipped cream about 1/4 of a bottle)
- 12 maraschino cherries
- rainbow sprinkles
- Break the cones. Gently break the waffle cones by crushing with your hands. The tips will stay intact, which is fine.
- Scoop the ice cream on. Evenly place scoops of ice cream on the cones.
- Add toppings. Top with fudge, whipped cream, cherries, and sprinkles. Serve immediately.