Peach Mojitos are perfect to keep you cool in the warm summer sun, not to mention simply irresistible. Get yourself some fresh peaches mint and enjoy another spin on the classic mojito.
There is nothing like an ice-cold mojito to help you beat the heat. They are the perfect combination of refreshing, sweet, and tart. Exactly my kind of drink. If you’re anything like me be sure to try out my Refreshing Raspberry Mojito.
Peach Mojito Recipe
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 12 large mint leaves
- 1 medium peach very ripe
- 2 ounces club soda
- 2 ounces white rum
- Peel the peach and slice into 1/2 inch thick slices.
- Add half the peach slices in a glass, reserving the rest for garnish. Add the mint leaves, sugar, and lime juice. Muddle well until the peach is softened. If the peach is under ripe and too hard, let it sit with the sugar for a few minutes until it softens.
- Add the ice, rum, club soda and stir well. Add remaining peach slices to the side of the glass and on top of the drink for garnsih. Add a mint spring and lime wedge if you'd like.
Peach Mojito Recipe
Mojitos are probably one of the best summertime cocktails, especially with fresh ripe peaches. This mojito recipe is so simple and will have you refreshed in no time. It starts by muddling together the peaches, mint leaves, sugar, and lime in a glass, If you don’t have a muddler, don’t worry! You can easily use the back of a wooden spoon to keep this recipe even simpler. Top it off with some ice, soda, and rum, and get to sippin’. It’s that easy!
What You’ll Need:
- sugar-granulated sugar is all you need here
- lime juice-fresh lime juice will give you the best flavor
- mint leaves-if you don’t grow your own mint, you can typically find these in the produce section
- peaches-fresh peaches will give you the best flavor. I also like to peel my peaches for easy muddling.
- club soda-keep it simple. You don’t need any fancy brands here. If you can find a 6-pack of cans, that is super handy to avoid wasting a whole bottle.
- white rum-pick your favorite
Tips For The Best Peach Mojito
- Peel your peaches for easy muddling.
- Use a citrus juicer to juice your lime. This will save your fingers!
- When muddling, be sure to thoroughly crush the mint leaves to release their flavor.
- Use a dry rum instead of a flavored rum. Use the flavor from the fruit and mint. You’ll be grateful.
What Alcohol Is Best For Mojitos?
Rum is what you will typically see in a mojito. Some great options are Bacardi, Appleton, Havana Club, and Crazan. But honestly, just pick your favorite and you’ll be good to go.
If the peach is under-ripe and too hard, let it sit with the sugar for a few minutes until it softens.
Can I use frozen peaches?
Frozen peaches will work, but allow frozen ones to soften at room temperature for a few minutes to make them easier to muddle.
Need to adjust the sweetness of your mojito?
The sweetness of your mojito will depend a lot on how ripe your peaches are. You may need to add more sugar if using underripe fruit.