Moist pumpkin sheet cake with spices and a from scratch cream cheese icing
1. Preheat oven to 350.Beat pumpkin, sugar, and oil until well combined. Add eggs, 1 at a time and beat until blended, scraping down bowl as necessary
2. Mix dry ingredients sepearately and add them 1 cup at a time, blending on low after each addition.
3. Spray 10 x 15 jelly roll pan with vegetable oil cooking spray and pour batter in, spreading to smooth it out.
4. Bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes. Cool in pan on wire rack. After 15 minutes of cooling, cover with clean tea towel.
5. After cake is cooled, make icing: blend butter, cream cheese, and vanilla with mixer until fluffy. Slowly add powdered sugar.
6. Spread icing on cake and serve directly out of the pan.
Cake can be made in two 8 inch rounds and served as a layer cake. Double the frosting to have a layer in the middle.
The cake may look uneven when it come out of the oven but will settle as it cools.
Keywords: pumpkin cake, fall dessert, pumpkin sheet cake