Soft, simple, and delicious yeast rolls to serve with a holiday dinner. Made even easier if you have a bread machine!
For the dough
1. Combine all ingredients in a large bowl or in the bucket of your bread machine. Knead by hand, with a stand mixer, or with a bread machine set on the “dough” cycle. (If using bread machine, skip step 2 and allow machine to complete the full cycle.)
2. Shape dough into a ball and place in a clean, lightly oiled bowl to rise. Cover with plastic wrap or a damp tea towel and allow to rise in a warm place for 1 hour, or until doubled in size.
3. Turn dough out onto clean surface and divide into 16 pieces with a sharp knife. Shape the pieces into balls by pinching the bottoms until the tops are round and smooth.
4. Prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper or cooking spray, and place the rolls an equal distance apart. They will all fit on one sheet. Cover with greased plastic wrap and set in a warm place to rise until very puffy, about 45 minutes. Towards the end of the rising time, preheat oven to 400 degrees.
5. Remove the plastic wrap and brush the rolls with 2 tablespoons of the melted butter. Bake for 13-16 minutes, until golden brown. Allow to cool on rack and brush with the remaining tablespoon of butter while still warm.
6. Serve immediately, or allow to cool completely and freeze for up to 1 month. Warm in 200 degree oven for 10 minutes before serving.
Keywords: soft dinner rolls, easy dinner rolls, dinner rolls for thanksgiving, Christmas dinner rolls