The BEST recipe for boneless wings, buffalo chicken tenders, whatever you want to call them. Plenty of seasoning and deep frying can’t go wrong!
This post contains affiliate links, meaning that if you purchase something after clicking on a link in the post I may earn a commission at no additional cost to you. Heart’s Content Farmhouse is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for website owners to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.
I see a lot of recipes for things that picky kids are supposed to like and I laugh, because my kids would never eat them in a million years. When I think of picky eater recipes, I think of this. These buffalo chicken tenders where the only thing keeping my oldest child alive for two years. They are still a family favorite. All children, and all adults, will love them. I promise.
For the best buffalo chicken tenders, deep fry
If I could keep only one kitchen gadget, it would be my beloved deep fryer. You can certainly make these without one, but the deep fryer feels so much safer and maintains the temperature for you perfectly, meaning everything always comes out evenly golden. If you want to see my deep fryer in action, scroll down for the video.
Using oil in a Dutch oven just requires more attention. You have to keep an eye on the thermometer, adjust the heat on the stove, and get a bit splattered. I did it for many years, so it can certainly be done.
The chicken can be breaded in the morning and can stay in the fridge until dinner. Then all you have to do at dinner time is fry them. Like most deep fried foods, they are not very good made ahead of time.
(NOTE: Deep frying is very dangerous, especially with small children around. DO NOT leave your stove or fryer unattended, even for a second. DO NOT use the deep fryer on a kitchen island where the cord can be pulled down. Oil burns can be fatal.)
How to make chicken tenders stay crisp
The secret ingredient in this recipe is the panic bread crumbs. They combine with the flour to form a crispy and perfect coating that is perfect. Other than that, you just need flour, eggs, milk, and seasoning.
Any type of seasoned salt will do. Don’t make this too complicated.
Onto the recipe! Enjoy!Print
The Best Buffalo Chicken Tenders
This recipe is for deep fried chicken tenders that can be transformed into buffalo style with a simple homemade sauce. They are perfect for the pickiest children or for hungry adults. A universal favorite!
- 6 cutlets chicken breasts
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 stick butter
- 1/2 cup Frank’s or Texas Pete hot sauce
- 1 dash Worcestershire sauce
- Fill electric deep fryer or dutch oven with peanut or vegetable oil. If using dutch oven, fill at least three inches deep. Preheat oil to 365 degrees
- In large bowl, mix together flour, panko, salt, pepper, and seasoned salt. In medium bowl beat eggs and milk together
- Cut chicken into desired size of tenders. Bread them individually, first in the mix/ egg mixture, then the flour mixture, setting them on a plate once done.
- When oil is preheated, deep fry them in a single layer, making sure that they are surrounded by oil on all sides. When they are golden brown, remove and drain on paper-towel lined baking sheet. This will take a few batches. Make sure the oil heats back up to 365 in between batches,
- Serve tossed in buffalo sauce or with dipping sauce on side.
Don’t worry, eating these won’t make your hands this scary.