Transport yourself to a tropical island with this twist on the classic margarita. You’ll love how creamy and refreshing this drink is. It’s perfect for sipping by the pool or serving alongside chips and salsa.
❤️ Why you’ll love this recipe
- It has a sweet and creamy tropical flavor. If you don’t love the taste of tequila you’re in luck because it basically tastes like a dessert.
- Easy to make. You can use bottled lime juice if fresh feels like too much work.
- It’s refreshing and perfect for summer. This is the perfect drink to enjoy on a hot day.
This is an overview of the ingredients. You’ll find the full measurements and instructions in the printable recipe at the bottom of the page.
You’ll need the following for this cocktail:
- kosher salt
- lime juice
- cream of coconut (Coco Lopez brand is the best)
- pineapple juice
- lime wedges for garnish
- fresh pineapple wedge and cherry for garnish
Step One: prep the glasses
To prepare the glasses, pour coarse salt onto a plate. Rub the edge of the glasses with a lime wedge to coat in salt. Twist on the plate to make sure it is all covered.
Step Two: blend
Combine the ice, tequila, lime juice, and cream of coconut in a blender. Blend until the ice is crushed and the mixture is smooth.
To make a thinner margarita, add more pineapple juice.
Step three: Garnish and serve
Serve garnished with lime wedges and a cherry. Pour into four glasses.
🥫 Storage instructions
Frozen drinks don’t keep well in the freezer or the fridge. Just drink it up right away. I believe in you.
The best kind of salt to use is kosher because it’s not as salty as table salt and it has more texture. You can find it next to the regular salt at the grocery store.
Blanco tequila is my favorite for Margaritas. It’s a clear liquor that’s affordable and has a mild taste.
👩🏻🍳 Expert tips
- Fresh lime juice is best, but you can use bottled if you’re in a hurry.
- If you don’t love the taste of tequila, try using coconut rum instead. (At that point you’re basically making a pina colada with lime juice but there’s nothing wrong with that in my book.)
- If salt isn’t your thing, try rimming the glasses with sugar or toasted coconut.
📘 Related Recipes
🍽 Serve it with
- Easy creamy enchiladas with green chiles
- Any Mexican or Tex-Mex dish or appetizer
- Chips and queso
📖 Here’s the recipe
Coconut Pineapple Margarita
- 2 tablespoons kosher salt for rim of glasses
- 6 cups ice
- ½ cup lime juice
- ¾ cup tequila
- 15 ounce can cream of coconut Coco Lopez brand is best
- 8 ounces pineapple juice
- lime wedges for garnish
- pineapple wedge and cherry for garnish
- Prep the glasses. Pour coarse salt onto a plate. Rub the edge of the glasses with a lime wedge and then twist on the plate to coat in salt.
- Blend all ingredients except pineapple juice. In a blender, combine the ice, tequila, lime juice, and cream of coconut until the ice is crushed and the mixture is smooth.
- Add pineapple juice for desired consistency. Add the pineapple juice and blend for a few seconds. Add more for a thinner margarita if you'd like.
- Garnish and serve. Pour into four glasses and top with lime wedges and a cherry.