In less than 10 minutes of prep time, you can have your loaf in the oven baking away. You’ll love the moist cake, all the chocolate. chips, and most of all…the glaze!
Table of contents
❤️ Why you’ll love this recipe
- Super delicious. Moist and fluffy texture, plenty of chocolate chips, and topped with an icing you’ll love.
- Quick and easy. No special tools, not too many bowls, and no weird ingredients.
- Kid-friendly and picky eater approved.
This is an overview of the ingredients. You’ll find the full measurements and instructions in the printable recipe at the bottom of the page.
Here’s what you’ll need to make this amazing quick bread.
- vegetable oil
- granulated sugar
- baking powder
- all-purpose flour
- chocolate chips
Step One: make the batter
Put the oven on 375° degrees. Put the rack in the middle of the oven. Spray the loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray.
Make the batter. To make the cake, mix the oil, sugar, and eggs in a large bowl. Stir until it looks like one color. Add the flour, baking soda, and salt to the bowl. Pour some milk in too. Stir until everything is combined. It’s okay if there are a few lumps. Add chocolate chips to the bowl and stir again. Pour the cake batter into a loaf pan.
Step Two: bake
Set the oven to 375 degrees and bake for 55-70 minutes. To see if it is done, stick a toothpick in the middle of the loaf. If it comes out with just a few moist crumbs, then it is done. If the toothpick comes out clean, then it is overcooked. Allow the loaf to cool in the pan for five minutes before taking it out to cool on a rack. Let it cool completely before making the glaze.
Step three: make the icing
Get a bowl and mix all the glaze ingredients together (starting with the lesser amount of water). Keep whisking until it looks smooth. The glaze will be very thick and barely pourable.
Pour it onto the top of the loaf and allow it to coat the cake. It will set in about 15 minutes, and then you can slice and serve.
🥫 Storage instructions
If you have. any leftovers, wrap them in aluminum foil and keep them on the counter for a day or two.
For longer storage, slice, wrap individually, and freeze.
An unglazed whole loaf will also freeze very well.
It sure will. 😊
Yes, you can double the recipe and bake it in two loaf pans. Freeze one for late! (It will freeze better without the glaze.)
👩🏻🍳 Expert tips
- Don’t overmix the batter. Just mix until all ingredients are combined, and there may still be a few lumps.
- Top with coarse sugar before baking if you don’t want to make the glaze.
- If you don’t have milk on-hand, use 1/4 cup yogurt or sour cream in its place.
- For best results, make sure your milk and eggs are room temperature. Cold ingredients don’t mix as well.
📘 Related Recipes
- Jumbo Chocolate Chip Muffins
- Sourdough Blueberry Muffins
- Chocolate Chip Sourdough Muffins
- Strawberry and White Chocolate Muffins
🍽 Serve it with
For a perfect breakfast for company, make these too:
📖 Here’s the recipe
Glazed Chocolate Chip Quick Bread
- 8½ x 4½ x 2½ loaf pan
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs room temperature
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk room temperature
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- ¼ cup cocoa
- 2-3 tablespoons hot water
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
Make the Loaf
- Prep. Preheat the oven to 375° degrees with the rack in the center. Prepare a standard-size loaf pan by spraying it with nonstick cooking spray.
- Make the batter. Combine the oil, sugar, and eggs in a large mixing bowl, mixing by hand until well combined. Add the flour, baking soda, and salt, alternating with the milk. Whisk until blended. It's okay if a few lumps remain. Fold in the chocolate chips with a spatula. Pour the batter into the loaf pan.
- Bake. Bake at 375 for 55-70 minutes. When done, a toothpick will come out clean or with a few moist crumbs. Allow the loaf to cool in the pan for five minutes, then turn out onto a cooling rack. Let cool before making the glaze.
Make the Glaze
- Mix all glaze ingredients (starting with the lesser amount of water)in a mixing bowl, whisking until smooth. The glaze will be very thick and barely pourable. Pour onto the top of the loaf and allow it to coat the cake. It will set in about 15 minutes, and then you can slice and serve.