This Cajun fettuccine alfredo is the perfect meal. It’s creamy, spicy, and loaded with fresh flavor and color. You’ll love how quickly it comes together, ready in about 30 minutes in just one pan.
Table of contents
❤️ Why you’ll love this recipe
- Delicious! It’s creamy and spicy, with fresh and bold flavors.
- Filling and perfect for picky eaters. This pasta is loaded with hearty shrimp, flavorful sausage, and plenty of veggies for a filling meal that will keep you satisfied.
- Simple and easy to make. With little prep time, this dish comes together quickly and easily.
This is an overview of the ingredients. You’ll find the full measurements and instructions in the printable recipe at the bottom of the page.
Here’s what you’ll need to make this delicious creamy pasta dinner:
- garlic powder
- chili powder
- cayenne pepper
- red pepper flakes
- vegetable oil
- red pepper
- green pepper
- orange pepper
- large shrimp
- andouille sausage sliced
- heavy cream
- lemon zest
- parmesan cheese
Step One: make seasoning
Mix the seasoning ingredients together in a small bowl.
Step Two: cook veggies
Heat a heavy-duty pan over medium heat. Add 1-2 tablespoons of vegetable oil and wait for it to heat up. Cook the veggies with 1 tablespoon of Cajun seasoning until they are slightly softened. Remove them to a clean plate once they are done.
Step three: cook meat
Once the pan is hot again, add the sausage. Cook it until it browns. Don’t stir constantly, let it cook. Add the shrimp and 1 tablespoon of seasoning and cook for about 2 minutes or until they are cooked through. Remove the sausage and shrimp to a clean plate and set aside.
Step Four: make sauce
Turn the heat down to low and put the butter in a skillet. Pour the cream in and stir to mix all the seasonings in. Add lemon zest, Parmesan cheese, and stir. Let it simmer for 1-2 minutes until it thickens a bit. Add cooked sausage and shrimp, and combine. Taste for seasonings and add more if needed.
Step Five: assemble
Stir the cooked pasta. Serve it right away, with parsley and extra seasoning if desired.
🥫 Storage instructions
Place any leftovers in an airtight container and store them in the fridge for up to 3 days. The best way to heat it up is on the stovetop, with a little extra cream.
It makes a lot! You can double it if you have an enormous pan!
👩🏻🍳 Expert tips
- Use a deep skillet for this recipe.
- Cook the sausage and shrimp until they are nicely browned for the best flavor. Don’t stir too much!
- The sauce is spicy. You can always reduce or leave out the cayenne or red pepper flakes if you don’t like spice.
📘 Related Recipes
🍽 Serve it with
📖 Here’s the recipe
- ½ pound fettucine pasta
- ½ tablespoon salt
- ½ tablespoon paprika
- ½ tablespoon garlic powder
- ½ tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cayenne papper
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
Meat and Veggies
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 large onion
- 1 red pepper
- 1 green pepper
- 1 orange pepper
- 1 pound large shrimp peeled and deveined
- 8 ounces andouille sausage sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1¼ cups heavy cream
- ½ teaspoon lemon zest
- ¼ cup grated parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- Combine the seasoning ingredients in a small bowl.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and cook the fettucine pasta according to the package instructions. Drain and set aside.
- Heat a large cast iron skillet (or other heavy duty pan) over medium heat. Add 1-2 tablespoons of vegetable oil and heat on medium high. Cook the veggies and 1 tablespoon of the Cajun seasoning until the veggies are slightly softened. Remove to a clean plate.
- .Once the pan is hot again, add the sausage and cook until browned. Do not stir constantly, allow the sausage to brown. Add the shrimp and 1 tablespoon of the seasoning and cook about 2 minutes, until cooked through. Remove sausage and shrimp to a clean plate and set aside.
- Turn down the heat to low. Place the butter in the skillet. Pour the cream in (it will bubble up) and stir the pan to mix all the seasonings into the cream. Add the lemon zest, parmesan cheese, and stir. Allow the cream sauce to simmer 1-2 minutes until slightly thickened. Add in the cooked sausage and shrimp and combine. Taste for seasonings and add additional seasoning if needed.
- Add the cooked pasta and stir. Serve immediately, garnished with parsley and extra seasoning, if desired.