This cajun ranch dressing is totally from scratch with ingredients you probably have on hand. Delicious on a salad or as a dipping sauce.
This recipe is one of those that’s so simple you’ll wonder why you haven’t been making it your whole life. It’s as simple as mixing up a bunch of spices and adding the basic creamy ranch dressing ingredients.
It’s definitely delicious on a salad, but where it really shines is as a dipping sauce. We love it with homemade chicken tenders, onion rings, and anything else deep fried.
Special ingredients and tools you’ll need:
- Everything should be readily available at your grocery store. If you have trouble finding the white pepper, you can buy white pepper from Amazon.
- My favorite way to store any homemade dressing is a mason jar. A pint-sized jar will hold this full recipe.
Cajun ranch step by step
This is as easy as can be and won’t take you more than 10 minutes. Start by mixing the salt, white pepper, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, oregano, thyme, and cayenne. It’s better to mix them up first so one spice doesn’t climb up in the dressing
Next you add the mayo, sour cream, lemon juice, and milk. You can whisk them together in a bowl or put them in a mason jar and shake.
If you want a dipping sauce, it will be great as is. But if you’re looking for more a salad dressing, you’ll probably want to add a few tablespoons more of milk.
When you serve it, make sure you pour some out into individual ramekins. Dressings and sauces always last longer in the fridge if you aren’t sticking spoons or anything else into them.
Print out the recipe here!
If you love this recipe, please give it five stars!Print
Cajun Ranch Dressing From Scratch
A delicious combination of cajun seasoning and ranch that makes a dressing or dip that’s packed with flavor.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: 2 cups 1x
- Category: dressing
- Method: mixed
- Cuisine: American/ Southern
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1/2 tablespoon salt
- 1/2 tablespoon white pepper
- 1/2 tablespoon onion powder
- 1/2 tablespoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 tablespoon lemon
- dash Worcestershire
- 2 tablespoons milk
1. Combine all the seasonings in a medium sized mixing bowl and stir well.
2. Add the remaining ingredients to the mixing bowl and stir with a whisk. Add a little more milk if you prefer a thinner dressing.
3. Refrigerate at least one hour to let the flavors blend. Store in a clean container for up to 1 week.
If you want to use a pre-made cajun seasoning, you’ll need about 4 1/2 tablespoons. Check to see if you’ll need to add additional salt or cayenne pepper.
You can easily substitute buttermilk, just leave out the lemon juice.
Keywords: cajun dipping sauce, cajun ranch dressing, cajun dip for chicken tenders