This recipe is one of those that’s so simple you’ll wonder why you haven’t been making it your whole life. It’s as simple as mixing up a bunch of spices and adding the basic creamy ranch dressing ingredients.
fIt’s definitely delicious on a salad, but where it really shines is as a dipping sauce. We love it with homemade deep fried chicken tenders, onion rings, and anything else deep fried.
???? Frugal Tip
Mayonnaise is one of the few things that I never buy the store brand of. But luckily, Aldi carries Duke’s mayonnaise, which is a great brand! The sell it for much less than the price you’ll see at the regular grocery store.
Special ingredients and tools you’ll need:
- Everything should be readily available at your grocery store. If you have trouble finding the white pepper, you can buy white pepper from Amazon.
- My favorite way to store any homemade dressing is a mason jar. A pint-sized jar will hold this full recipe.
Cajun ranch step by step
This is as easy as can be and won’t take you more than 10 minutes. Start by mixing the salt, white pepper, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, oregano, thyme, and cayenne. It’s better to mix them up first so one spice doesn’t clump up in the dressing.
Next you add the mayo, sour cream, lemon juice, and milk. You can whisk them together in a bowl or put them in a mason jar and shake.
If you want a dipping sauce, it will be great as is. But if you’re looking for more a salad dressing, you’ll probably want to add a few tablespoons more of milk.
When you serve it, make sure you pour some out into individual ramekins. Dressings and sauces always last longer in the fridge if you aren’t sticking spoons or anything else into them.
How to use this dressing
- As a dipping sauce for anything!
- Great as a salad dressing as well, especially in a Cobb salad.
- Use as a sandwich spread for a club sandwich instead of mayo.
???? Print the recipe here
Homemade Cajun Ranch Dressing
- 1/2 tablespoon salt
- 1/2 tablespoon white pepper
- 1/2 tablespoon onion powder
- 1/2 tablespoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 tablespoon lemon
- dash Worcestershire
- 2 tablespoons milk
- Combine all the seasonings in a medium sized mixing bowl and stir well.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the mixing bowl and stir with a whisk. Add a little more milk if you prefer a thinner dressing.
- Refrigerate at least one hour to let the flavors blend. Store in a clean container for up to 1 week.
1 thought on “Homemade Cajun Ranch Dressing”
Delicious!! I am a big fan of sauces and would love to make this!