These pork chops are seasoned, browned, and served with a creamy and delicious spinach cream sauce. One pot and simple to make.
Ingredients You’ll Need
- Pork chops
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Fresh spinach
- Heavy cream
- Cream cheese
Pork chops at Aldi are fresh and well priced. Costco has great prices as well, and they are so thick that they can be sliced in half.
Baby spinach goes on sale often at regular grocery stores, and if you can find big clamshells of it at Costco they have good prices too!
?? Let’s make it together
To help the pork chops brown well, pat them dry and then season them. To brown them, make sure you are using a large skillet. We only need one pan for this recipe, so you need one that will hold the whole dish.
Brown them 4 minutes per side, making sure the inside is done to your liking. Pork chops don’t need to be cooked to be well done. Don’t overcook them or they will be dry! (Check this chart for the ideal cooking temperature for each cut of pork.)
Remove them to a plate. Now we are going to wilt the spinach. At first it will seem enormous, but it will quickly cook down.
Once it is wilted and turns bright green, remove it to a separate plate, lined with paper towels. Press it with another paper towel to dry to remove as much moisture as possible.
In the now-empty skillet, add the butter and cook the garlic in it until it’s softened and slightly browned. Add the spinach back in, then the cream cheese, and the heavy cream. Stir until the cream cheese melts to form a sauce. Check for seasoning and add more salt and pepper if you’d like.
To serve, place the pork chops back in the pan. You can put the sauce on top or just serve them with the creamy spinach underneath. Your choice!
Pork Chops with Spinach Cream Sauce
- 4 pork chops about 1/2 inch thick
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 16 ounces baby spinach
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 ounces cream cheese
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- Pat pork chops dry and season on both sides with salt and pepper. Cook the pork chops in the olive oil, over medium heat, in a large skillet, about 4 minutes per side, until browned and cooked through. Remove them to a plate.
- Sautee the spinach in the same pan. It will seem very full at first but will quickly cook down. Once it is wilted, remove it to another plate and allow to drain on a paper towel. Press with another paper towel to remove as much moisture as possible.
- In the same pan, add the butter and cook the garlic on medium low heat until softened, about 1-2 minutes. Return the cooked spinach to the pan. Add the cream cheese, and heavy cream. Stir until the cream cheese melts and forms a sauce. Check for seasoning and add additional salt and pepper if desired.
- Return the pork chops to the pan. You can either spoon the sauce top or serve the pork chop on a bed of it. Serve immediately.
Want to round out this frugal meal?
- Make baked potatoes and a simple salad on the side
- Easy bread machine rolls go with everything!
- And why not a classic soft chocolate chip cookie for dessert?
2 thoughts on “Pork Chops with Spinach Cream Sauce”
Made it last night! Very good!
I think I am going to try the sauce tonight! I just found some pork filet mignon in my freezer from last years pork. I think I will slice those and try this out! Thanks! Your new site is so cute!