This Longhorn Steakhouse copycat is great on your favorite meat as well as fries and sandwiches and just about everything else.
Table of contents
❤️ Why you’ll love this recipe
- It’s a great all-purpose seasoning.
- Adds flavor to any dish from the stovetop or grillIt saves you money. Premade blends are $$$, but this just uses a few pennies worth of ingredients.
- It’s sugar-free.
This is an overview of the ingredients. You’ll find the full measurements and instructions in the printable recipe at the bottom of the page.
You’ll need the following for this yummy blend:
- ground black pepper
- onion powder
- garlic powder
- cayenne pepper
- a small bowl
- an airtight container like a small mason jar (no necessary, but helpful)
Step OnE: Mix
In a mixing bowl combine all of the ingredients. Save in an airtight container.
Season every savory dish you make with a small sprinkle on top, or use in recipes in place of seasoned salt.
🥫 Storage instructions
Most seasoned salts can be stored in an airtight container in a cool, dark place.
I store it near the stove because I go through it so quickly.
No. I just did my best to duplicate it. 😊
No, the cayenne is very subtle. But you can always leave it out.
It’s great on any grilled or roasted meat, or homemade french fries. It would also be delicious on eggs, in homemade salad dressings, or sprinkled over avocado toast.
👩🏻🍳 Expert tips
- Store in an airtight container to keep fresh
- If you don’t have or like cayenne pepper, you can omit it or substitute with another spice like chili powder.
- This recipe is easily doubled or tripled if you want to make a larger batch.
📘 Related Recipes
These flavors work with just about anything. Here are some recommended recipes:
📖 Here’s the recipe
Prairie Dust Seasoning Blend Recipe
- small mixing bowl
- small jar
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 2 ½ teaspoons paprika
- 2 ½ teaspoons ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl.
- Store in an airtight container near the stovetop for easy access.