This Longhorn Steakhouse copycat is great on your favorite meat as well as fries and sandwiches and just about everything else.
Premade blends are $$$, but this uses a few pennies worth of ingredients.
- small mixing bowl
- small jar
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 2 ½ teaspoons paprika
- 2 ½ teaspoons ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl.
- Store in an airtight container near the stovetop for easy access.
This is an overview of the ingredients. You’ll find the full measurements and instructions in the printable recipe at the bottom of the page.
You’ll need the following for this yummy blend:
- ground black pepper
- onion powder
- garlic powder
- cayenne pepper
- a small bowl
- an airtight container like a small mason jar (not necessary, but helpful)
🥫 Storage instructions
Most seasoned salts can be stored in an airtight container in a cool, dark place.
I store it near the stove because I go through it so quickly.
No. I just did my best to duplicate it. 😊
No, the cayenne is very subtle. But you can always leave it out.
It’s great on any grilled or roasted meat, or homemade french fries. It would also be delicious on eggs, in homemade salad dressings, or sprinkled over avocado toast.
👩🏻🍳 Expert tips
- Store in an airtight container to keep fresh
- If you don’t have or like cayenne pepper, you can omit it or substitute with another spice like chili powder.
- This recipe is easily doubled or tripled if you want to make a larger batch.
📘 Related Recipes
These flavors work with just about anything. Here are some recommended recipes: