With its creamy and cheesy sauce, tender shredded chicken, and perfectly cooked pasta, it’s the perfect dish for a cozy night in.
Table of contents
❤️ Why you’ll love this recipe
- It’s incredibly flavorful and delicious, with a creamy and cheesy sauce that will satisfy your cravings for comfort food.
- It’s so easy to make, thanks to the slow cooker, which does all the work for you. Just toss everything in, let it cook, and you’ll have a hearty and delicious meal ready when you are.
- It’s a versatile dish that can be customized to your liking. You can adjust the spice level by using mild or spicy Rotel or switch up the type of cheese or pasta.
This is an overview of the ingredients. You’ll find the full measurements and instructions in the printable recipe at the bottom of the page.
You’ll need the following for this easy dinner:
- Chicken breasts
- Worcestershire sauce
- Black pepper
- Granulated onion
- Rotel (diced tomatoes with green chilies)
- Heavy cream
- Cream cheese
- Velveeta cheese
- Spaghetti noodles
- Fresh parsley
Step One: cook the chicken
Begin by adding the chicken breasts to a 6 quart or larger slow cooker in a single layer. Next, add the butter, Worcestershire sauce, salt, black pepper, granulated onion, paprika, garlic, and Rotel to the slow cooker. Pour in the heavy cream and stir everything together until the chicken is well coated in the sauce.
Cover the slow cooker and cook on HIGH for 3-4 hours or LOW for 5-6 hours, until the chicken is cooked through and tender.
About 20 minutes before the chicken is finished cooking, prepare the spaghetti noodles according to the package instructions. Once cooked, drain the noodles and set them aside.
Step Two: shred the chicken
When the chicken is finished cooking, remove it from the slow cooker and place it in a medium-sized bowl. Use two forks to shred the chicken into bite-sized pieces. Set the shredded chicken aside.
Step three: add the creamy and cheesy ingredients
Add the cream cheese and Velveeta cheese to the slow cooker with the remaining sauce. Cover the slow cooker and cook on HIGH for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the cheese has melted and the sauce is smooth and creamy.
Step Four: add chicken back in
Add the shredded chicken back to the slow cooker and stir everything together until the chicken is coated in the sauce.
Step Five: assemble and serve
Finally, add the cooked spaghetti noodles to the slow cooker and stir everything together until the noodles are coated in the sauce.
🥫 Storage instructions
Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3-4 days.
To reheat, simply microwave the leftovers for 1-2 minutes or until heated through. You can also reheat the leftovers in a skillet on the stovetop, adding a splash of milk or cream to help loosen up the sauce as needed.
While spaghetti is traditionally used in this recipe, you can use any type of pasta you like. Penne, fettuccine, or linguine would all work well.
You could… I’d recommend just making the chicken/ sauce portion and adding the cooked noodles right before serving.
👩🏻🍳 Expert tips
- Use a 6-quart or larger slow cooker to ensure that all of the ingredients fit comfortably and cook evenly.
- If you like your food spicy, use spicy Rotel or add a pinch of cayenne pepper or red pepper flakes to the sauce to give it a kick.
- If the sauce is too thick for your liking, you can thin it out with a bit of chicken broth or milk.
📘 Related Recipes
🍽 Serve it with
This is almost a complete meal, but would go well with a simple green salad or roasted veggies, along with some crusty sourdough rolls.
Serve this perfect Key lime pie for dessert.
📖 Here’s the recipe
Slow Cooker Chicken Spaghetti
- Slow cooker
- 3 chicken breasts about 1 ½ pounds total
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon granulated onion
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 15 ounce can Rotel drained
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 8 ounces cream cheese cubed
- 16 ounces Velveeta cheese cubed
- 12 ounces spaghetti Uncooked
- fresh parsley for garnish
- Cook the chicken. To a 6 quart or larger slow cooker, add the chicken breast in a single layer. Add in the butter, Worcestershire sauce, salt, pepper, onion, paprika, garlic, Rotel, and heavy cream. Stir to combine. Cook on HIGH for 3-4 hours or LOW for 5-6 hours.
- Cook pasta separately. In the last 20 minutes of cooking, prepare the spaghetti according to package instructions.
- Shred chicken. When the chicken is done and tender. Remove from the slow cooker and add to a medium-sized bowl. Shred the chicken using two forks and set aside. Leave any liquid in the slow cooker.
- Make cheese sauce. Add the cream cheese and velveeta to the slow cooker, cover and cook on HIGH for 15 minutes. After 15 minutes stir to make the sauce until the cheese has completely incorporated.
- Assemble. Add the chicken back into the slow cooker and stir, add in the cooked spaghetti and stir again.
- Optional. Place dish on plates, sprinkle with cheese and broil for 1-2 minutes. Garnish with fresh chopped parsley and serve. Alternatively, pour the whole thing into a 13 x 9 dish, sprinkle with cheese, and bake at 350℉ for 20 minutes.