A sweet and delicious blend of fall fruits, caramel, and cinnamon create the perfect drink to serve at any fall get-together.
Table of contents
❤️ Why you’ll love this recipe
- Fun and seasonal. This is the perfect drink for fall. It’s sweet, fruity, and warming with cinnamon and caramel flavors.
- Super simple. Do all the (very minimal) work ahead of time, pop it in the fridge while you do the rest of the party prep, and a delicious drink is ready for a crowd.
- It’s delicious! Pear vodka adds amazing flavor to these classic autumn spices.
This is an overview of the ingredients. You’ll find the full measurements and instructions in the printable recipe at the bottom of the page.
You’ll need the following for this fall sangria recipe:
- pear-flavored vodka
- prepared caramel sauce
- apple cider
- white wine
- cinnamon sticks
- club soda
- large pitcher
- long spoon
Step One: add the fruit and vodka
Chop the apples into small pieces and add them to a large pitcher or drink dispenser. Pour in the vodka.
Step Two: remaining ingredients
Add the caramel sauce, white wine, and apple cider. Place the pitcher in the fridge for 2-4 hours.
🥫 Storage instructions
If you have any leftover sangria, it’s best to store it in the fridge. The cinnamon and caramel will settle to the bottom of the container as it cools, and the club soda will lose its fizz. No big deal.
It honestly doesn’t matter. There’s a lot of sweetness in this recipe, so a tart variety is perfectly fine.
What’s the best kind of wine for sangria?
An inexpensive white that’s not too sweet. I usually use Pinot Grigio. Just make sure you don’t waste your money and pick a pricy bottle!
👩🏻🍳 Expert tips
- I added caramel sauce to this sangria, just the jarred sauce that is used for topping ice cream. A note of caution- it will settle to the bottom and not look super beautiful. But it still adds a little extra sweetness so I kept it in the recipe. It will still be delicious without the caramel if you would prefer to leave it out.
- Fresh fruit is a crucial ingredient for any sangria recipe. You might be tempted to chop up some pears and throw them in but when I tried this they browned and fell apart.
- The type of wine you use is not important, as long as its white wine. Dry or sweet will both work, it doesn’t really make a difference.
- Since the apple cider is a big portion of this recipe, you will want one that you know you like! Fresh apple cider is best, either from your favorite farm stand or just the grocery store.
- You can customize this recipe to your liking. Try adding pomegranate seeds, orange slices, pear brandy, and anything else with fall flavors.
📘 Related Recipes
🍽 Serve it with
This is perfect for serving with Thanksgiving dinner!
📖 Here’s the recipe
Apple Pear Sangria
- 4 apples chopped
- 2 cups pear flavored vodka
- 3 tablespoons caramel sauce
- 8 cups apple cider
- 1 bottle white wine
- 5 cinnamon sticks
- 2 cups club soda
- Add the chopped apples to a large (1 gallon or larger) pitcher or drink dispenser. Pour in the vodka, caramel sauce, white wine, and apple cider. Place in fridge for 2-4 hours.
- Right before serving, stir and add cinnamon sticks and club soda.
- Serve over ice with additional cinnamon stick for garnish.