This is the perfect meal for any busy night You’ll love how tender and juicy this chicken turns out. And it’s so easy to make.
Table of contents
❤️ Why you’ll love this recipe
- Super easy to make. Almost no prep time, you truly just throw stuff in and walk away.
- So much flavor! The ranch and au jus mix create a delicious gravy that is perfect for spooning over mashed potatoes or buttered egg noodles
- Tender and juicy chicken. The chicken breast cooks perfectly.
This is an overview of the ingredients. You’ll find the full measurements and instructions in the printable recipe at the bottom of the page.
You’ll need the following for this simple slow cooker meal:
- chicken breasts
- ranch seasoning mix
- seasoning mix
- pickled pepperoncini peppers
This article contains affiliate links, meaning that if you make a purchase after clicking on one, I may earn a commission at no extra cost to you. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- slow cooker
- large spoon or spatula
Step One: Add everything to slow cooker
Spray the slow cooker liner with cooking spray. Place the chicken breasts in the slow cooker. Try to put them so that they are not overlapping too much.
Sprinkle the ranch dressing and au jus seasoning over the chicken. Dot the top with pats of butter. Then place the peppers on top.
You will want to cook the chicken slowly on low for 4-5 hours until it is cooked through. Serve it with mashed potatoes or buttered egg noodles
🥫 Storage instructions
Refrigerate any leftovers. Make sure they are cooled down completely before putting them in the fridge. They will last for 3-4 days in the fridge.
I have frozen this in the past and didn’t love the results, but it might be worth a shot!
Absolutely not. The whole point of this recipe is to be easy! 😊
Either will work just fine. If you use frozen, just make sure they are thawed before adding them to the slow cooker.
👩🏻🍳 Expert tips
- Remember you aren’t preparing the seasoning mixes, you’re just adding the dry mix!
- Add some veggies to the slow cooker like carrots or celery for an easy one-pot meal.
- If you don’t have pickled pepperoncini peppers, you can use fresh jalapenos or banana peppers.
📘 Related Recipes
🍽 Serve it with
For a cozy dinner at home, make these dishes to:
- Buttered noodles or rice
- A simple green salad
- Homemade sourdough rolls
- Old-fashioned butterscotch cookies
📖 Here’s the recipe
Crockpot Mississippi Chicken
- Slow cooker
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1 ounce package of ranch seasoning mix
- 1 ounce au jus seasoning mix
- ¼ cup butter
- 12 sliced pickled pepperoncini pepper
- Spray the slow cooker liner with nonstick spray.
- Place the chicken breasts in the slow cooker. Some will probably overlap, but try not to directly stack them on each other.
- Sprinkle the ranch dressing and au jus seasoning over the chicken. Dot the top with pats of butter and place the peppers on top.
- Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours, until the chicken is cooked through. Serve with mashed potatoes or buttered egg noodles.
6 thoughts on “Crockpot Mississippi Chicken”
Do you have to put any water or stock since there isn’t any liquids
Nope no liquids! The butter and the moisture in the chicken create the liquid.
This turned out really good! I served it with egg noodles and a side salad. Super simple and delicious!
I’m so glad! It’s soooo easy isn’t it!
Hi Katie, could you cook this in the slow cooker on high for 2-3 hours instead of on low for 4-5, also can you omit the peppers all together?
Thank you 🙂
yes to both!