If you’re looking for a delicious and easy side dish, look no further than this recipe. It’s packed with flavor and so easy to make.
Perfect alongside steaks, seafood, or your favorite holiday dinner.
Crockpot Cheesy Bacon Ranch Potatoes
- Slow cooker
- small mixing bowl
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 1 packet dry ranch dressing mix
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 3 pounds baby red potatoes
- 8 slices bacon cooked and crumbled
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onions
- Prep potatoes. Spray slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray. Wash the potatoes and cut into halves or quarters, depending on their size. Place potatoes inside slow cooker
- Make the seasoning oil. Combine the oil, ranch dressing mix, salt, and pepper in a small mixing bowl.
- Cook in slow cooker. Add seasoning oil to potatoes and stir well to combine. Cook on low for 6 hours or high for 4 hours. Potatoes are done when they are easily pierced with a fork and slightly browned on the outside.
- Add the bacon and cheese. Sprinkle the cheese evenly on top of the cooker potatoes, followed by the bacon and green onions. Allow to melt for 1-2 minutes before serving.
❤️ Why you’ll love this recipe
- They’re so easy to make: just mix everything in the slow cooker and let it do its thing!
- They’re packed with flavor: the ranch dressing mix, bacon, and cheese all work together to create a delicious dish.
- They’re perfect for any occasion: whether you’re looking for a holiday side dish or an easy weeknight meal, this recipe is perfect.
Table of contents
This is an overview of the ingredients. You’ll find the full measurements and instructions in the printable recipe at the bottom of the page.
You’ll need the following for this yummy make-ahead side dish:
- dry ranch dressing mix
- black pepper
- vegetable oil
- baby red potatoes
- shredded cheddar cheese (Monterey Jack cheese, or a blend, also works great)
- chopped green onions
- Slow cooker
- Small Mixing Bowl
Step One: Prep potatoes
Wash the potatoes and then cut them into halves or quarters, depending on their size.
Make seasoning To make the seasoning oil, combine the oil, ranch dressing mix, salt, and pepper in a small bowl.
Step Two: Cook in slow cooker
Spray your slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray and fill it halfway with potatoes. Stir in the seasoning oil until well combined. Set to low for 6 hours or high for 4 hours, stirring every now and then. The potatoes should be easily pierced with a fork and have slightly browned edges after 6 hours on low or 4 hours on high.
Step three: Add the bacon and cheese
Sprinkle the cheese on top of the potatoes. Then add the bacon and green onions. Let it all melt for 1-2 minutes before serving.
🥫 Storage instructions
First, let the potatoes cool completely before storing them.
Once they’ve cooled, place the potatoes in an airtight container and store them in the fridge for up to four days.
When you’re ready to reheat, simply place the potatoes on a baking sheet and bake at 400 degrees until heated through. You can also reheat them in the microwave.
Yes, absolutely. This recipe uses raw potatoes and they come out perfectly.
No, they will not get crispy. They will be cooked through and have slightly browned edges, but will not be crispy. You could finish them in the broiler but then you’ve sort of defeated the purpose of easy slow cooker recipes.
Nope! There’s no need to peel the potatoes for this recipe.
I prefer petite red potatoes because they’re easy to cut and they’re cute. But you can use any kind. Yukon Gold will work well too.
👩🏻🍳 Expert tips
- Cut potatoes to approximately the same size so they cook evenly
- Make sure you don’t stir before serving so the cheese stays nice and melty
- Use any type of cheese you like. Cheddar, Monterey Jack, and a cheese blend all work great in this recipe.
- Try adding diced cooked ham for a different twist on this dish.