You’ll be the hit of the party with this amazing pie. It’s cool and creamy, and everyone will love it. As a bonus, it’s unbelievably easy to make.
Peppermint Ice Cream Pie
- 20 chocolate cream-filled sandwich cookies crushed
- ¼ cup melted butter
- 1 pint prepared vanilla ice cream
- 12 ounce frozen whipped topping divided
- ½ cup crushed peppermint candies divided
- 3 drops pink food coloring
- Assemble the pie crust. Combine the cookies and melted butter, gently press into a 9-inch pie plate
- Make the filling. Let the ice cream soften for 15 minutes at room temperature. Combine with half of the whipped topping, food coloring, and ⅓ of a cup of the crushed peppermints.
- Fill the pie. Press filling into the crust using a spatula. Cover and freeze for at least 4 hours.
- Top with whipped topping and candy. Gently spread the remaining whipped topping onto to the top of the pie and sprinkle with the remaining crushed peppermints Return to the freezer at least 1 hour before serving to set the whipped topping.
Table of contents
❤️ Why you’ll love this recipe
- Super easy to make. Just mix and chill. Really!
- Creamy, cool, and delicious. Sweet, fluffy, creamy ingredients studded with peppermint and an Oreo crust. Perfection.
- Perfectly festive for the holidays. Candy cane means Christmas.
This is an overview of the ingredients. You’ll find the full measurements and instructions in the printable recipe at the bottom of the page.
You’ll need the following for this creamy Christmas dessert:
- chocolate cream-filled sandwich cookies, such as Oreos
- vanilla ice cream
- frozen whipped topping, such as Cool Whip
- crushed peppermint candies or candy canes
- pink food coloring (optional)
Step One: crust
Mix the cookies and melted butter, then press it into a 9-inch pie plate.
Step Two: filling
Soften the ice cream for 15 minutes at room temperature. Combine it with half of the whipped topping, food coloring, and ⅓ of a cup of crushed peppermints. The ice cream will be very pale pink.
Step three: fill
Press the ice cream into the crust using a spatula. Cover and freeze for at least 4 hours.
Step Four: top
Gently spread the remaining whipped topping onto the top of the pie and sprinkle with the remaining crushed peppermints. Chill in the freezer for at least 1 hour before serving to set the whipped topping.
🥫 Storage instructions
Your pie will keep in the freezer for about 4-5 days in the freezer, covered in plastic wrap. Serve it straight from the freezer, no softening necessary.
What about a different flavor of ice cream?
You could try chocolate, but there’s something special about pure vanilla and candy cane flavor.
Yes, you could try graham crackers. Just be sure to adjust the amounts of butter as needed for a suitable crust. However, I really do recommend using Oreo cookies. They’re just right. 😊
👩🏻🍳 Expert tips
- For a neater crust, crush the cookies in a food processor
- If you don’t have a food processor, put them in a plastic bag and use a rolling pin to crush them.
- Inexpensive ice cream works just fine for this. I always use Walmart brand vanilla, and it’s perfect!
📘 Related Recipes
🍽 Serve it with
Fun holiday gathering? Make these too: