This recipe is made with fresh strawberries, white chocolate chips, and all the other ingredients you need to make a moist and flavorful muffin. Plus, they’re simple enough that even beginner bakers can whip them up in no time.
Table of contents
❤️ Why you’ll love this recipe
- Delicious combination of sweet white chocolate chips and fresh strawberries
- Soft, moist texture with a light and fluffy crumb
- Perfect for breakfast or as an afternoon treat
- A great way to use up seasonal fruit…but perfectly fine with out-of-season berries too!
This is an overview of the ingredients. You’ll find the full measurements and instructions in the printable recipe at the bottom of the page.
Here’s what you’ll need to make this sweet treat:
- vegetable oil (or melted butter!)
- all-purpose flour
- granulated sugar
- baking powder
- fresh strawberries
- white chocolate chips
Step One: make the batter
First, turn on the oven to 400 degrees. Then, put a rack in the center of the oven. Next, get a muffin tin and put cupcake liners in it. After that, make the batter. To do that, mix the wet ingredients (vegetable oil, egg, and milk) together in one bowl. In another bowl, mix the dry ingredients (flour, sugar, salt, baking powder) together. Then gently mix the wet and dry ingredients together until they are just combined.
Step Two: prep the strawberries
Prepare the strawberries by patting them dry with a paper towel. Set aside 3 tablespoons and toss them with a tablespoon flour.
Step three: add the mix ins
Gently fold in the main portion of the berries along with the white chocolate chips
Step Four: bake
Scoop the batter into the prepared muffin tins. This recipe will make 12 regular muffins. Press the floured strawberries and a few extra chocolate chips on top of the muffins, along with a sprinkling of sparkling sugar.
Step Four: bake
Bake the muffins for 20-25 minutes. Take them out of the oven when a toothpick comes out clean or with just a few crumbs. Put them on a wire rack to cool off. You can serve them warm or at room temperature.
🥫 Storage instructions
Leftover muffins will be fresh for a day or so at room temperature. After that, it’s best if you freeze them.
Let the muffins cool completely before storing them. Put them in a freezer-safe container or ziplock bag and seal them tightly. Store in the freezer for up to two months.
To reheat, either let thaw at room temperature or microwave briefly until heated through. Enjoy!
Sure! Blueberries are good too.
Yes, that works too! You can even use a combination of the two if you’d like. Just make sure to mix it in with the wet ingredients before adding the dry ones.
They are quite sweet, so you could reduce it a tad if you’d like.
👩🏻🍳 Expert tips
- Don’t skip the flour and the strawberries. This helps prevent them from sinking to the bottom of the muffins while baking.
- Make sure not to overmix the batter. If you do, your muffins will be dense with a rubbery texture.
- If you don’t have sparkling sugar, feel free to use regular granulated sugar on top of the muffins for a nice crunch. Enjoy!
📘 Related Recipes
🍽 Serve it with
Planning a special springtime breakfast?
- You’ll love this easy, hearty crockpot hashbrown casserole. So good!
- This skillet omelet is such a crowd-pleaser.
- Fresh fruit and coffee are the only other things you need.
📖 Here’s the recipe
Strawberry White Chocolate Muffins
- 1 regular-sized muffin tin
- 12 paper cupcake liners
- ⅓ cup vegetable oil can substitute melted butter
- ⅓ cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1½ cups chopped strawberries divided
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- Prep. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees with the rack in the center. Line a muffin tin with cupcake liners.
- Make batter. Combine the wet ingredients (vegetable oil, egg, and milk in one bowl. In a separate bowl, combine the dry ingredients (flour, sugar, salt, baking powder). Gently mix them together, stirring until just combined.
- Add mix-ins. Prep the strawberries by patting them dry with a paper towel. Set aside 3 tablespoons and toss them with a tablespoon flour. Gently fold in the main portion of the berries along with the white chocolate chips
- Scoop. Scoop the batter into the prepared muffin tins. This recipe will make12 regular muffins. Press the. Floured strawberries and a. few extra chocolate chips on top of muffin, along with a sprinkling of sparkling sugar.
- Bake. Bake for 20-25 minutes. Remove from oven when a toothpick served into the center comes out clean or with a few crumbs. Remove to a wire rack to cool. Serve warm or room temperature. Muffins will stay fresh a day at room temperature, or freeze well if allowed to completely cool.