This seasoning is loaded with flavor, a hint of smoke, and just the right amount of spice. It’s perfect for adding extra zest to burgers, salads, fries, and more. It only takes 5 minutes to prepare.
Table of contents
❤️ Why you’ll love this recipe
- The perfect blend of spices and flavor, with just a hint of smoke
- Easy to make in 5 minutes
- Versatile – can be used on burgers, salads, fries, and more
- Not too spicy – perfect for those who are sensitive to heat
- Store it in a mason jar or container with a shaker top for convenience
This is an overview of the ingredients. You’ll find the full measurements and instructions in the printable recipe at the bottom of the page.
You’ll need the following for this yummy seasoning:
- smoked paprika
- black pepper
- garlic powder
- onion powder
- dried parsley
- cayenne (optional)
- chili powder
- celery seed
Step One: mix
Put all of the ingredients in a small bowl. Stir until they are mixed together well.
Step Two: store
Pour the ingredients into a jar or other container with a lid. For extra convenience, place the ingredients into a container that has a shaker top.
🥫 Storage instructions
- Store it in an airtight container: Storing your French fry seasoning in an airtight container is the best way to ensure that it remains fresh. Mason jars, spice containers, or any other type of lidded container works well.
- Keep it away from heat and light: Light and heat can degrade the potency of your seasoning blend. Store the container in a cool, dark place like a pantry or cupboard.
Don’t forget to label and date the jar: Labeling and dating the jar will help you keep track of when you made it. It will last for months but will lose flavor after a while. And a lot of homemade seasonings look similar!
Nope! Red Robin’s fry seasoning is not spicy, even with added cayenne. But you can leave it out if you are very sensitive to heat.
Yes, absolutely! This flavorful blend is perfect for sprinkling onto burgers, salads, and more. Enjoy!
👩🏻🍳 Expert tips
- You can customize this further to your tastes! Try adding herbs like oregano or thyme, or use smoked sea salt instead of regular.
- You can also make it spicier by adding more cayenne pepper.
- Don’t be afraid to play around with different flavors until you find the perfect fry seasoning blend you love!
📘 Related Recipes
- Looking for a rub for steaks and chicken? Try this Longhorn Steakhouse Prairie Dust Recipe.
serve it with:
- Homemade fries, of course! My recipe is super crispy and delicious.
- Sprinkle on top of your homemade cast iron skillet burgers just before assembling.
- A little bit on top of homemade red potato salad adds a delicious touch of flavor.
📖 Here’s the recipe
- ¼ cup salt
- 3 tablespoons paprika
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 1 tablespoons onion powder
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley
- ½ teaspoon cayenne optional
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- ½ teaspoon celery seed
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl. Combine all ingredients in a small mixing bowl and mix well
- Transfer to storage container. Pour into a jar or other lidded container. For extra convenience, place into a container with a shaker topper.