Made with just a few simple ingredients, this pie is the perfect combination of sweet and creamy flavors. The crunchy cookie crust pairs perfectly with the smooth ice cream filling and fluffy whipped topping…all topped off with juicy slices of fresh strawberries.
Table of contents
❤️ Why you’ll love this recipe
- Quick and easy to make. You need to make it beforehand, but the prep is very quick.
- Cool and creamy. This is a light and refreshing dessert on a hot day.
- Sweet and delicious. Everyone, everyone, everyone will love this pie!
This is an overview of the ingredients. You’ll find the full measurements and instructions in the printable recipe at the bottom of the page.
Here’s what you’ll need to make this easy no-bake dessert.
- vanilla cream-filled sandwich cookies (such as Golden Oreos)
- strawberry ice cream
- frozen whipped topping (like Cool. Whip)
- fresh strawberries for garnish
- pie plate
Step One: make the crust
Mix the cookies and melted butter together. You can. crush the cookies either by smashing them with a rolling pin or mixing them in a food processor. Then press the mixture into a 9-inch pie plate.
Step Two: ice cream layer
Let the ice cream sit on the counter for 15 minutes. Mix it with half of the whipped topping. Spread it in the crust with a spatula. Cover and put it in the freezer for 4 hours or more.
Step three: top layer
Spread the whipped topping on the top of the pie. Put it back in the freezer for at least one hour so it sets. Right before you serve, add some sliced berries to the top.
🥫 Storage instructions
All you need is an airtight container and some space in the freezer. You can keep your ice cream pie fresh and delicious for up to a week.
Yes, you little overachiever. But use a stabilized recipe so it will freeze without separating.
I love homemade strawberry ice cream, but when I’m making this I always just grab some of the Great Value brand at Walmart. Easy is the point. 😊
👩🏻🍳 Expert tips
Let the ice cream soften at room temperature before combining it with half of the whipped topping, otherwise it will be impossible to mix.
Embrace the easy! There’s nothing wrong with Cool Whip and Oreos every now and then!
📘 Related Recipes
🍽 Serve it with
Having a summertime party? I’ve got so many recipes for you!
- No one turns up their nose at grilled hot dogs and hamburgers
- Shrimp and Old Bay macaroni salad is delish.
- This cucumber and onion salad is an easy and refreshing
- This mac and cheese recipe is perfect for kids.
📖 Here’s the recipe
- Pie plate
- 20 vanilla cream-filled sandwich cookies such as Golden Oreos, crushed
- ¼ cup melted butter
- 1 pint prepared strawberry ice cream
- 12 ounce frozen whipped topping divided
- 6 fresh strawberries
- Assemble the pie crust. Combine the cookies and melted butter, gently press into a 9-inch pie plate
- Fill the pie. Let the ice cream soften for 15 minutes at room temperature. Combine with half of the whipped topping, Press into the crust using a spatula. Cover and freeze for at least 4 hours.
- Top with whipped topping. Gently spread the remaining whipped topping onto to the top of the pie. Return to the freezer at least 1 hour before serving to set the whipped topping. Top with sliced berries right before serving.