Love the flavors of apple pie but want something fun and easy? This recipe is delicious and simple with all your favorite fall flavors of cinnamon and caramel.
Table of contents
❤️ Why you’ll love this recipe
- They’re delicious. Packed with all the flavors of apple pie, but are much easier to make
- Perfect for a fall party when you want a fun idea that’s kid-friendly. (Try ice cream nachos if you want something summery!)
- They look beautiful and impressive but are actually quite simple to make.
This is an overview of the ingredients. You’ll find the full measurements and instructions in the printable recipe at the bottom of the page.
You’ll need the following for these caramel apple nachos:
- prepared pie crusts
- unsalted butter
- cinnamon sugar
- almond flour
- coconut oil or shortening
- granny smith apples
- cool whip or whipped cream
- caramel sauce
- Pastry brush
- Baking Sheet
- Small mixing bowl
- Deep skillet
Step One: cut the pie crusts
Preheat the oven to 350℉ and prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper.Bring the refrigerated store bought pie doughs to room temperature and carefully roll out on a cutting board.
Using a pizza cutter, cut one of the doughs into 8 equal triangle pieces cutting like you would a pizza.
Step Two: Bake Chips
Cut the dough into pieces and put it on a baking sheet. Brush the top of the dough with melted butter. Sprinkle some cinnamon sugar over it. Bake for 5-6 minutes. Remove from the oven, turn each piece over, brush with melted butter, and sprinkle with cinnamon sugar. Bake for another 5-6 minutes or until golden.
Step three: Make the apple topping
In a large mixing bowl, combine the chopped apples and cinnamon sugar. In a nonstick skillet, melt the 1 Tbsp of butter and cook for 10 minutes, stirring constantly until the apples are soft.
Step FouR: Make the crumb topping
In a small mixing combine the almond flour and salt using a whisk. Next, add the honey and melted coconut oil. Mix until fully combined and crumbly, set aside.
Step FIVE: assemble
Place the pie crust chips on the platter so that they cover it evenly. Cook the apples, then sprinkle the crumble on top.
Step SIX: top and serve
Add whipped cream and caramel sauce, and serve.
🥫 Storage instructions
To store the nachos when assembled, cover with plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. I don’t recommend reheating them, they would become soggy in the microwave, and in the oven the sugars will cause them to burn.
Not exactly. There’s a lot of sugar. But they are definitely a fun tre
You can prepare the apples and crumble topping ahead of time, but assemble just before serving for best results.
The nachos are best enjoyed fresh, but will keep for 1-2 days stored in the fridge.
👩🏻🍳 Expert tips
- Try adding spiced caramel, mini chocolate chips, or shredded coconut.
- The crumble topping iss delicious but optional. You can leave it out and still have delicious apple nachos.
- For a fun party appetizer, try serving in mason jars. Layer the apples in the jar and top with whipped cream, caramel, and a mini cinnamon sugar pie crust chip.
📘 Related Recipes
🍽 Serve it with
Having a relaxed fall gathering with kids? Serve these too:
📖 Here’s the recipe
Apple Pie Nachos Recipe
- Pastry brush
- Baking Sheet
- small mixing bowl
- Large baking dish
Pie Crust "Chips"
- 2 pie crusts (1 package store-bought works perfectly!)
- 1 cup unsalted butter melted
- ¾ cup cinnamon sugar
For the no bake crumble topping
- 1 ¼ cup almond flour
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil melted
For the apples
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 4 granny smith apples peeled and cut medium dice
- ¼ cup cinnamon sugar
- 2 cups cool whip or whipped cream
- 3 Tbsp caramel sauce
For the pie crust “chips”
- Preheat the oven to 350℉ and prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Bring the refrigerated store bought pie doughs to room temperature and carefully roll out on a cutting board. Using a pizza cutter, cut one of the doughs into 8 equal triangle pieces cutting like you would a pizza.
- Place the cut pieces of dough on the baking sheet and brush the tops with the melted butter. Sprinkle some of the cinnamon sugar and bake for 5-6 minutes. Remove from the oven, carefully turn each piece over and brush the other side with the melted butter and sprinkle with cinnamon sugar. Bake for another 5-6 minutes or until golden. Transfer to a cooling rack. Repeat steps 2 and 3 for the other pie dough.
For the crumble topping
- In a small mixing combine the almond flour and salt using a whisk. Next, add the honey and melted coconut oil. Mix until fully combined and crumbley, set asie.
For the apples
- In a large mixing bowl add the cut apples and toss with the cinnamon sugar.
- In a nonstick skillet, melt the 1 Tbsp of butter, add the coated apples and cook over medium heat stirring constantly until the apples are tender, about 10 minutes.
- On a platter, arrange the pie crust “chips” to cover the platter. Evenly spread the cooked apples, sprinkle the no bake crumble, add desired amount of whipped cream, drizzle with the caramel sauce and serve immediately.