Like and apple pie in a glass, with cinnamon, sugar, and fresh fruit flavor. This will be one of your favorite autumn drinks. Ready in 5 minutes.
Apple Pie on the Rocks
- 1 ounce vanilla vodka
- 1 ounce Fireball whiskey
- 4 ounces apple juice or apple cider
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- cinnamon stick slices for garnish optional
- Prep glass. Combine the cinnamon and sugar on a small plate. Wet the rim of your glass with a little apple juice and then dip the rim in the cinnamon-sugar mixture to coat. Fill the glass with ice.
- Mix. In a cocktail shaker, combine the vanilla vodka, Fireball, and apple juice or cider with a few ice cubes. Shake well. Strain the mixture into your prepared glass.
- Serve. Garnish with a cinnamon stick if desired.
You’ll need the following for this apple drink recipe:
- Vanilla vodka
- Fireball whiskey
- Apple juice or apple cider
- Ground cinnamon
- Cinnamon stick slices (optional for garnish)
Step One: cinnamon sugar rim
First off, mix that cinnamon and sugar together on a small plate. This is going to be the sparkling touch for your glass rim.
Take a little apple juice to moisten the rim of your glass and then swish it around in the cinnamon-sugar mix.
Step Two: mix and pour
Place ice in your glass and some in your shaker too.
Using a cocktail shaker, bring together the vanilla vodka, Fireball, and apple juice or cider. Add a couple of ice cubes and give it a good shake, ensuring everything’s mixed well.
Step three: garnish and serve
Strain your shaken mix into your beautifully prepped glass. If you’re feeling fancy, garnish with a cinnamon stick.
🥫 Storage instructions
While this drink is best enjoyed fresh, if you want to make a larger batch and save some for later, pour the mixture (without ice) into a bottle or jar and refrigerate. This should be good for up to 2 days. Freezing is not recommended as the flavors and consistency might change.
Absolutely! If you have whipped cream vodka, that’s a delightful alternative. And plain will do in a pinch!
The Fireball adds a spicy cinnamon kick, but if you’re not a fan or don’t have it on hand, you can skip it or use regular whiskey with a dash more of cinnamon.
👩🏻🍳 Expert tips
- Make sure your apple juice or cider is chilled.
- Adjust the sugar-cinnamon ratio according to your taste. Some like it sweeter, some spicier!
📘 More Fall Cocktail Recipes
- For a sweet Halloween drink, you’ll love the Black Widow Spider
- Entertaining a crowd? Try Apple Pear Sangria
- If you want something warm and cozy, turn to Spiked Slow Cooker Cider
🍽 Serve it with
- Vanilla ice cream or custard
- Cheesecake bites
- Cinnamon roasted nuts