Get ready for a creamy and flavor-packed meal that practically cooks itself! This dish is the ultimate one-pot wonder that’s both delicious and easy to make, making it the perfect dinner option for busy weeknights.
Table of contents
❤️ Why you’ll love this recipe
- Easy to make: This recipe is incredibly easy to make, as it requires just a few simple steps and uses a slow cooker to do most of the work. It’s perfect for those busy weeknights when you don’t have a lot of time to spend in the kitchen.
- Delicious and creamy: The combination of tender chicken, creamy sauce, and perfectly cooked potatoes and carrots make this recipe incredibly flavorful and satisfying. Plus, the ranch seasoning adds an extra burst of flavor that everyone will love.
- Versatile: This recipe is versatile and can be easily customized to suit your tastes. You can use different types of meat or vegetables, and you can even swap out the cream of chicken soup for cream of mushroom or cream of celery soup if you prefer.
This is an overview of the ingredients. You’ll find the full measurements and instructions in the printable recipe at the bottom of the page.
You’ll need the following for this super-easy chicken dinner:
- chicken tenderloins
- baby potatoes
- baby carrots
- condensed cream of chicken soup
- whole milk
- ranch seasoning packet
Step One: layer main ingredients
Layer the potatoes, carrots, and chicken in a 4 quart or larger slow cooker.
Step Two: add sauce
In a small bowl, mix together the condensed soup, milk, and ranch seasoning. Pour the mixture over the ingredients in the slow cooker.
Cook on HIGH for 4 hours or LOW for 6-8 hours.
Stir to coat the ingredients with the sauce before serving. Garnish with fresh parsley if desired.
🥫 Storage instructions
- Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- Reheat portions in the microwave.
- This recipe does not freeze well after cooking. However, you can measure out the veggies and chicken and freeze them ahead of time. But this is so easy to throw together that prepping ahead of time like this is not really worth the trouble. 😊.
Yes, you can use half & half or even heavy cream if you prefer. Just don’t use low-fat or skim milk.
Yes, cream of mushroom or celery are both fine.
👩🏻🍳 Expert tips
- Use the right size slow cooker: Make sure you use a 4 quart or larger slow cooker to ensure that all the ingredients fit and cook evenly.
- Cut the potatoes and carrots evenly: When cutting the potatoes and carrots, try to make them as uniform as possible in size so that they cook evenly.
- Don’t overcook the chicken: Be careful not to overcook the chicken, as it can become dry. Check the chicken’s internal temperature with a meat thermometer to make sure it’s cooked to at least 165°F (74°C). And then it’s done! If you keep cooking it, it will be overcooked.
- Add more liquid if needed: If you find that the sauce is too thick, you can add more milk or chicken broth to thin it out to your desired consistency.
📘 Related Recipes
🍽 Serve it with
For a simple and easy dinner, try these recipes too:
- Soft and delicious potato rolls made with potato flakes
- Make-ahead broccoli salad adds something fresh and crisp to the meal.
- Pink lemonade cake couldn’t be easier.
📖 Here’s the recipe
Crockpot Ranch Chicken and Potatoes
- Slow cooker
- 2 pounds chicken tenderloins
- 1 pound baby potatoes Cut In Half
- 2 cups baby carrots
- 1 10.5 ounce can condensed cream of chicken soup
- ½ cup whole milk
- 1 1 ounce ranch seasoning packet
- Layer ingredients. In a 4 quart or larger slow cooker, add the potatoes, carrots and chicken.
- Make sauce and add. In a small bowl, mix together the chicken soup, milk and seasoning packet. Pour the chicken soup mixture over the ingredients in the slow cooker.
- Cook. Cook on HIGH for 4 hours or LOW for 6-8 hours.
- Serve. Stir to coat the ingredients with the sauce and serve, garnish with fresh parsley if desired.