This blend of fresh basil and sweet strawberries with the tartness of lemon juice creates a refreshing summer treat that’s irresistibly good.
Table of contents
❤️ Why you’ll love this recipe
- Super Tasty: With a refreshing blend of strawberries, basil, and lemon juice, this drink is an absolute delight that offers a fantastic balance of sweet and tart flavors.
- Quick and Easy: No blender or strainer required! With just a few steps and in less than 15 minutes, you’ll have a refreshing drink ready.
- Perfect for Entertaining: The beautiful pink color and unique flavor combination will impress your guests at summer parties and picnics.
- Versatile: Enjoy it as is for a daytime refreshment, or add a splash of vodka for a sophisticated cocktail for your evening gatherings.
This is an overview of the ingredients. You’ll find the full measurements and instructions in the printable recipe at the bottom of the page.
You’ll need the following for this yummy summer drink:
- Fresh basil leaves
- Fresh lemon juice
Step One: make the strawberry syrup
Begin by cooking up your strawberries, sugar, and a bit of water in a small saucepan. Boil and mash them until the berries soften up.
Step Two: steep with basil leaves
Now add your fresh basil leaves into the syrup. Let them chill out there for about 15 minutes. The longer they stay, the stronger the basil taste, so gauge according to your preference.
Step three: add lemon juice and water
Combine your delicious strawberry-basil syrup with lemon juice and some water in a pitcher. Pop it into the fridge to chill.
Step Four: garnish and serve
Now all that’s left is to serve it over ice, garnished with a lemon wedge, fresh basil leaves, and a strawberry slice.
🥫 Storage instructions
You can store any leftovers in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
If you want to extend its shelf life, you can also freeze it! Pour the lemonade into an ice cube tray and freeze.
When you’re ready to enjoy it, take out a few cubes and let them thaw or add them directly to your water for a slow-melt flavor infusion.
Absolutely, you can! However, using fresh juice will give your lemonade that fresh and vibrant flavor we all love.
It turns brown. ☹️
👩🏻🍳 Expert tips
- Make sure to mash your strawberries well to extract all their flavor.
- Allow the basil to steep in the syrup adequately to ensure you get that subtle, herbaceous touch in your lemonade.
- If you like your lemonade sweeter, feel free to add more sugar.
📘 more fruity lemonade Recipes
🍽 Serve it with
- BBQ Ribs or Chicken
- Grilled Veggie Skewers
- A fresh garden salad
- Light sandwiches or wraps
📖 Here’s the recipe
Strawberry Basil Lemonade
Strawberry Basil Syrup
- 1 cup strawberries sliced (frozen is perfect!)
- ¾ cup sugar
- ½ cup water
- ½ cuo fresh basil leaves
To Make the Lemonade
- 1 cup fresh lemon juice 7-10 lemons
- 3 cups water for mixing
- Make the strawberry syrup. Heat the berries, sugar, and ½ cup of water in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil and mash. with a fork or potato masher. Simmer for 1-3 minutes until the berries are softened. Turn off the heat
- Steep the basil. Add the basil leaves to the syrup and let them steep for at least 15 minutes. Longer is fine too, but the basil flavor will be stronger. Remove and discard.
- Mix and chill. Combine the berry syrup (yes with the bits of fruit too!), lemon juice, and 3 cups of water in a pitcher and chill. Serve over ice with lemon wedge, fresh basil leaves and strawberry slice for garnish.