It’s time to step up your snack game with this tasty and simple Pork Carnitas Nachos recipe. This dish has two types of cheese, tender shredded pork, and fresh, colorful toppings. Everyone will love it.
BEST Carnitas Nachos
- Oven-proof baking sheet or pan
- ½ bag of your favorite tortilla chips 10-12 ounces
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese you can also use a blend of cheddar and Monterey Jack
- 1 ½ cups prepared shredded pork carnitas
- 1 cup premade queso dip
- ¼ cup sliced black olives
- 2-3 jalapeno peppers thinly sliced (optional, for added spice)
- ½ cup diced tomatoes or pico de gallo
- ¼ cup sliced green onions
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- ¼ cup sour cream
- Preheat the Oven: Preheat your oven to 400°F (200°C) to ensure it's nice and hot when we're ready to bake the nachos.
- Layer the Chips: Arrange a single layer of tortilla chips on the baking sheet. Make sure to spread them out to create an even layer for the toppings to cover.
- Add the Shredded Cheese, Meat, Olives, and Jalapenos: Sprinkle the shredded cheddar cheese evenly over the tortilla chips. The cheese acts as the base layer and helps hold everything together. Layer the meat on top, then the olives and jalapenos. Drizzle the premade queso dip on top.
- Bake. Bake at 400 for 6-7 minutes or until the cheese is melted and the meat is hot.
- Add the Cold Toppings: Sprinkle the tomatoes, green onions, and cilantro over the nachos. Top with sour cream. Serve immediately.
❤️ Why you’ll love this recipe
- It’s Loaded with Flavor: The combination of crunchy tortilla chips, savory pork carnitas, creamy queso dip, and zesty toppings make for a delightful medley of flavors.
- Quick and Easy: In just 15 minutes, you can have these loaded nachos ready to serve. They are perfect for last-minute gatherings or spontaneous cravings!
- Versatile: Not a fan of certain toppings? No problem! The recipe can be easily modified to suit your preferences.
- Crowd-Pleaser: This nacho recipe is a guaranteed hit at parties, game day gatherings, or even just a fun family movie night.
This is an overview of the ingredients. You’ll find the full measurements and instructions in the printable recipe at the bottom of the page.
You’ll need the following for this delicious app:
- Your favorite tortilla chips
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- Prepared shredded pork carnitas
- Premade queso dip
- Sliced black olives
- Jalapeno peppers (optional)
- Diced tomatoes or pico de gallo
- Sliced green onions
- Chopped fresh cilantro
- Sour cream
Step One: assemble what can be baked
First, get your oven preheated to 400°F (200°C). This ensures your nachos will bake evenly and quickly once you pop them in.
Spread out a single layer of tortilla chips on your baking sheet. Try to keep them fairly even so all the chips get their fair share of toppings.
Sprinkle your shredded cheese over the chips. Next, layer on the shredded pork carnitas. Add the sliced black olives and jalapenos, if you’re a fan of some heat.
Step Two: bake and add fresh toppings
Bake: Pop your loaded chips in the oven. After about 6-7 minutes, the cheese should be perfectly melted and the carnitas warmed through.
Get Cheesy: Now, it’s time to drizzle on that creamy, dreamy queso. A quick return trip to the oven for 1-2 minutes ensures it’s melted and hot.
The Fresh Touch: Finally, add your cold toppings like tomatoes, green onions, and cilantro. Don’t forget a dollop of sour cream right on top. Serve immediately for the best experience.
🥫 Storage instructions
Leftovers do not keep well! Just eat ’em all.
Of course! These are totally customizable. You can also substitute pickled jalapenos if you prefer less heat.
This recipe is versatile, so feel free to use a mix of your favorite cheeses like Monterey Jack or Pepper Jack for a bit of kick.
In a pinch, you can certainly use a microwave to melt the cheese on your nachos, but for the best flavor and texture, an oven is your best bet. However, if you still want to use a microwave, remember to do it in short bursts and check on the nachos often to avoid overheating and possible uneven melting
👩🏻🍳 Expert tips
- Using thick, restaurant-style chips can hold up better to the layers of toppings and help prevent soggy nachos.
- Be generous with your cheese! This is the glue that holds the nachos together.
- Add some extra protein with a scoop of refried beans.
📘 more delicious appetizer Recipes
🍽 Serve it with
These nachos go great with guacamole, a cold beer, or a refreshing margarita… or all three!