Sugar, berries, and sliced citrus and the perfect complement to red wine. You’ll love splitting a pitcher of this with a few friends, and it mixes up in just minutes.
Table of contents
❤️ Why you’ll love this recipe
- It’s so easy. Like, the easiest. Buy frozen berries, and you won’t even wash to wash or slice the fruit!
- Delicious. Sweet, but not too sweet. Everyone will enjoy a glass of this.
- Affordable. A great way to enjoy a restaurant-style cocktail without spending too much.
This is an overview of the ingredients. You’ll find the full measurements and instructions in the printable recipe at the bottom of the page.
You’ll need the following for this fruity, easy sangria recipe:
- berries (any combination of blackberries, raspberries, and blueberries is fine)
- white sugar
- oranges and/ or lemons
- bottle of red wine (Merlot is a great choice)
- club soda
- brandy or vodka
Step One: let the sugar and berries sit
Our first step is to mix the berries and sugar and let them sit for a while. Sugar won’t dissolve well in cold liquids, so we want to give everything time to get juicy so the sugar will be liquid. Mix them gently and let them sit at room temperature for 15-45 minutes until the sugar is mostly dissolved.
Step Two: add the wine and liquor
Place the orange wedges and juicy berries into a pitcher and add the wine and liquor. Stir, cover the pitcher, and place in the fridge for 2-4 hours to infuse the wine with the fruit flavor.
Step three: add the club soda and garnish
You’ll want to add the club soda just before serving, so it doesn’t lose its fizz. Add extra berries, mint leaves, and serve.
🥫 Storage instructions
The finished sangria will keep well for a day or two, covered in the fridge.
Yes! Sure! It’s great with all blackberries or raspberries. If you’re doing all strawberries, make sure to mash up them a bit first.
Honestly, anything that’s not too sweet and not too expensive. Don’t stress over this; it doesn’t really matter.
👩🏻🍳 Expert tips
- Frozen berries are almost always the most frugal choice for this recipe unless you grow your own or can get local ones at a great price. Costco sells a triple berry blend in the freezer section that’s a great value.
- For the wine, choose something affordable! No use spending a lot on something that will taste like berries. We typically use the Barefoot brand of Merlot for this sangria.
📘 Related Recipes
🍽 Serve it with
Having a small, fun get-together? Try serving these too:
- Fried Buttermilk Chicken Tenders
- Old Bay and Shrimp Macaroni Salad
- Old Fashioned Cucumber and Onion Salad
- Pink Lemonade Cake
📖 Here’s the recipe
Easy Triple Berry Sangria
For the sangria
- 2 cups mixed berries
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 1 orange cut into wedges
- 1 bottle red wine (Merlot works well)
- 1 cup brandy or vodka We like raspberry vodka
- 2 cups club soda
- mint leaves
- whole berries
- Combine the berries and sugar in a medium bowl. Set aside at room temperature about 30 minutes until the berries are juicy and the sugar is mostly dissolved.
- Place the orange wedges and juicy berries into a pitcher and add the wine and liquor. Stir, cover, and place in the fridge for 2-4 hours to infuse the wine with the fruit flavor.
- Just before serving, stir in the club soda and serve over ice. Add whole berries, mint leaves, and additional orange slices to the glass, if desired. Refrigerate any leftovers and drink within 1 day.