This triple berry sangria recipe is easy to make at home and delicious enough for any occasion. A simple blend of wine, mixed berries, an orange, and a bit of vodka or brandy.
Ingredients you’ll need
- 2 cups of berries (any combination of blackberries, raspberries, and blueberries is fine), plus more for serving
- ¼ cup white sugar
- 1 orange
- bottle of red wine (Merlot is a great choice)
- 2 cups of club soda
- ½ cup of brandy or vodka
💡 Frugal tip
Frozen berries are almost always the most frugal choice for this recipe, unless you grow your own or can get local ones at a great price. Costco sells a triple berry blend in the freezer section that’s a great value.
For the wine, choose something affordable! No use spending a lot on something that will taste like berries in the end. We typically use the Barefoot brand of Merlot for this sangria.
Let’s make some sangria!
Our first step is to mix the berries and sugar and let them sit for a while. Sugar won’t dissolve well in the cold liquids, so we want to give everything time to get juicy so the sugar will be liquid. Mix them gently together and let them sit at room temperature for 15-45 minutes until the sugar is mostly dissolved.
Looking for a flavor other than triple berry?
- In the fall, everyone will love this apple cider and pear sangria with spices and caramel.
- Try a Christmas sangria and substitute the berries with cranberries.
- Switch the wine for white wine and use sugared peaches and strawberries for a beautiful spring sangria.
Print the recipe here
Easy Triple Berry Sangria
For the sangria
- 2 cups mixed berries
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 1 orange cut into wedges
- 1 bottle red wine (Merlot works well)
- ½ cup brandy or vodka
- 2 cups club soda
- mint leaves
- whole berries
- Combine the berries and sugar in a medium bowl. Set aside at room temperature about 30 minutes until the berries are juicy and the sugar is mostly dissolved.
- Place the orange wedges and juicy berries into a pitcher and add the wine and and liquor. Stir, cover, and place in the fridge for 2-4 hours to infuse the wine with the fruit flavor.
- Just before serving, stir in the club soda and serve over ice. Add whole berries, mint leaves, and additional orange slices to the glass, if desired. Refrigerate any leftovers and drink within 1 day.