Craving restaurant-style crispy, delicious, and slightly spicy chicken wraps? Bring the steakhouse right to your kitchen with this copycat recipe you’ll love.
Table of contents
❤️ Why you’ll love this recipe
- They’re delicious! Filled with a flavorful chicken and veggie filling, fried to perfection, and served with your favorite dipping sauce.
- An affordable way to enjoy restaurant flavor. Copycat recipes are a great way to enjoy your favorite restaurant meals without having to spend the money on dining out.
- They’re easy to make! This recipe is simple and straightforward. If you don’t have a deep fryer, you can pan fry them easily.
This is an overview of the ingredients. You’ll find the full measurements and instructions in the printable recipe at the bottom of the page.
You’ll need the following for this yummy appetizer:
- cooked chopped chicken (rotisserie chicken works great)
- vegetable oil
- diced red bell pepper
- diced jalapeño pepper
- garlic clove
- ground cayenne pepper
- ground black pepper
- cream cheese
- cheddar-jack shredded cheese blend
- small flour tortillas
- vegetable oil or peanut oil for frying
- romaine lettuce
- roma tomato
- A deep fryer, Dutch oven, or large skillet
- Mixing bowl
Step One: Prepare the filling
In a medium saucepan, heat the vegetable oil over low heat. Sauté the bell pepper, jalapeño pepper, and garlic until the vegetables are softened, 3-5 minutes. Remove from the heat and stir in the chicken, seasonings, cream cheese, and shredded cheese.
Step Two: Fill the tortillas
Roll up a tortilla, starting with the ends and tucking them in, then rolling. Place 2 tablespoons of the stuffing in the center of a tortilla and roll up the tortilla, starting with the ends and tucking them in, then rolling.
Step three: Fry
Pour the vegetable oil into a large skillet until it reaches about 1-2 inches deep. Over medium heat, cook the wraps for 1-2 minutes on each side, until golden brown and crispy. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate to drain.
Serve over a bed of chopped lettuce and diced tomato with your preferred dipping sauce.
🥫 Storage instructions
Store leftovers tightly covered in the fridge for up to 3 days. They reheat and crisp up nicely in an air fryer or convection oven.
These wraps freeze well assembled but uncooked. Just make sure to wrap them tightly in plastic wrap or foil, and they’ll keep in the freezer for up to 3 months. When you’re ready to eat, thaw them overnight in the fridge, then fill and fry as directed.
Yes! You can make the filling ahead of time and store it in the fridge for up to 3 days. When you’re ready to eat, simply fill and fry up the wraps and enjoy.
We like them with pico de Gallo and sour cream. I’ve included instructions for a yummy cilantro avocado ranch in the notes section of the recipe card.
👩🏻🍳 Expert tips
- Use cooked chopped chicken for convenience. Rotisserie chicken works great!
- Make sure to tuck in the ends of the tortillas when you roll them up so the filling doesn’t fall out.
- If you don’t like spicy food, you can leave out the jalapeño pepper and the cayenne.
📘 Related Recipes
More deep fried favorites for your skillet or deep fryer
- Deep fried oreos
- Homemade onion rings
- Deep fried buffalo chicken tenders
- Deep fried restaurant style fries
🍽 Serve it with
Having a party with finger foods? Try these recipes:
- Add vodka to this blueberry lavender lemonade for a crowd-pleasing cocktail.
- Deep-fried buttermilk chicken tenders are loved by everyone.
- Lemon curd cookies are pretty and tasty.
- Fried pickles are another yummy appetizer and great with cajun ranch.
📖 Here’s the recipe
Firecracker Chicken Wraps (Longhorn Copycat Recipe)
- Large skillet
- Mixing bowl
- 8 ounces cooked chopped chicken
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon diced red bell pepper
- 1 tablespoon diced jalapeño pepper
- 1 minced garlic clove
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- ¾ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ¼ cup cream cheese 2 ounces
- ¾ cup cheddar-jack shredded cheese blend
- 10 flour tortilllas 7-inch
- 3-4 cups vegetable oil or peanut oil
- 3 roughly chopped romaine lettuce
- 1 medium roma tomato chopped
- Dipping sauce of choice
- Prepare the filling. Heat the 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil in a medium skillet over medium-low heat. Sauté the bell pepper, jalapeno pepper, and garlic until the veggies are softened, 3-5 minutes. Remove from the heat and stir in the chicken, seasonings, cream cheese, and shredded cheese.
- Fill the tortillas. Place 2 tablespoons of the filling in the center of a tortilla and roll up, first by tucking in the ends, then rolling.
- Fry. Pour the vegetable oil into a large skillet until it. Is 1-2 inches deep. Heat to 375 degrees over medium heat. Fry the wraps for 1-2 minutes per side, until crispy and golden brown. Remove to a paper towel-lined plate.
- Serve. Serve over a bed of chopped lettuce and diced tomato with the dipping sauce of your choice.