This recipe only takes fifteen minutes to make and is made with all the best fun treats of the season. So fun and easy.
Table of contents
❤️ Why you’ll love this recipe
- Easy and fast to make – just 15 minutes of prep time
- Perfect for kids and adults alike
- Delicious, sweet flavor that everyone will love
- Versatile recipe – can be customized with any candy or topping your heart desires!
This is an overview of the ingredients. You’ll find the full measurements and instructions in the printable recipe at the bottom of the page.
You’ll need the following for this yummy snack:
- Rice Chex cereal
- semisweet chocolate chips
- creamy peanut butter
- powdered sugar
- Valentine’s M&Ms
- frosted animal crackers
- Valentine sprinkles
This article contains affiliate links, meaning that if you make a purchase after clicking on one, I may earn a commission at no extra cost to you. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- large mixing bowl
- plastic zip-top bag (2 gallon or larger)
Step One: make the chocolate peanut butter coating
Measure the cereal into a very large bowl and set it aside. To make the coating, put chocolate chips, peanut butter, and butter into a microwavable bowl and microwave them for 90 seconds. Stir halfway through. Pour the mixture over the cereal and stir well until everything is coated evenly.
Step Two: coat and shake in powdered sugar
Measure the powdered sugar into a big plastic bag. Shake the bag until the sugar coats everything inside. Then, spread it out on waxed paper to cool down.
Step three: add cookies and candy
Add animal cookies, M&Ms, and sprinkles to the cereal that has been coated and shake it again. Serve in a clean bowl or eat it out of the bag.
🥫 Storage instructions
This Valentine’s Day treat can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to one week, or in the refrigerator for two weeks.
Yes! Cashew butter works perfectly.
Can this be made with different types of cereal?
Sure! Corn or rice Chex are both fine.
Of course! Sprinkles are just for decoration and can easily be left out of the recipe.
👩🏻🍳 Expert tips
- Use a big enough bowl to mix the cereal and coating. The biggest one you’ve got.
- Don’t be tempted to mix the sugar in the bowl. It will make a huge mess.
- Make sure to add the candy and sprinkles last, or they’ll stick together.
📘 Related Recipes
🍽 Serve it with
Need more kid-friendly recipes?
- Homemade French fries and deep-fried chicken tenders will make all kids happy!
- Strawberry lemonade is another recipe that’s pink, fun, and sweet!
- Don’t forget this loved-by-kids cream cheese apple dip.
📖 Here’s the recipe
Valentine’s Day Muddy Buddies
- Large mixing bowl
- large plastic bag
- 9 cups Rice Chex cereal
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- ½ cup creamy peanut butter
- ¼ cup butter
- 1¾ cups powdered sugar
- 2 cups Valentine’s M&Ms
- 2 cups frosted animal crackers
- Valentine sprinkles
- Measure cereal into a very large bowl and set it aside.
- Make coating. In a microwavable bowl, microwave chocolate chips, peanut butter, and butter for 90 seconds, stirring halfway through. Pour mixture over cereal, stirring well until evenly coated.
- Measure powdered sugar into a very large (2 gallon or larger) plastic bag and shake until well coated. Spread on waxed paper to cool.
- Add animal cookies, M&Ms, and sprinkles to coated cereal and shake again. Serve in a clean bowl or directly out of the bag.
1 thought on “Cute + Easy Valentine’s Day Muddy Buddies”